• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aftermarket Slapstick Shifter?

miller

Local time
7:39 AM
Reaction score
Kinda hoping someone can shed some light on this shifter. Is it some kind of aftermarket deal, or what? It's what was in my 64 Sport Fury when I got it. shifter1.jpgshifter2.jpg

Never seen that before ?
Almost look to be factory something ??

Man, I have no idea. I've tried searching for info on it, with no luck. Can't find anything like it, except a few with the bolt on type shift guide. There's no name, or the like on it. Of course, it's not stock 64 Plymouth, or stock anything else for that matter, that I can find.

It kind of looks like one of these Shift R Gates you can buy to make your early console shifter work like a later Slap Stick, only it looks like it is homemade maybe?

Here's what the Shift R Gate looks like:

http://www.duncan-motor-sports.com/2.html

Looks to me like a cable type shifter

Sorta looks like a 60's Buick console type, Old's is a good guess too!

Its been many years and beers tho

Definately not homemade. The mount is stamped steel, shifter is cast. The shifter looks familiar from long ago, but what the heck do I know. Could be out of a GM...there's no telling...would be much better than (ugg) Ford.
It seems well made, though missing a few parts. A ways to go before I decide if I fit it in, since my stock mounts on the console were cut up some, can't go that way. Unless I replace the top plate.
Thanks for looking, guys!

Auto Transport Service
Back