• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Afx cars-who's right??-lets clear the air

I've got to agree, the info is out there. It doesn't take much more than taking a good look around for yourself to track it down. And yes, some of it is priveledged info that yer just not gonna get because you ask nicely. Some guys have gone thru hell to know what they know and they won't just volunteer it unless they see you putting in the same desire and effort to gain accurate knowledge about the cars. Aside from that, they have to just plain like ya on a personal level also.

I've got to agree with funnycar65 to an extent. It does seem like there are people out there that want to jump all over every post people make, and try to confuse the issues, when we're talkin about '65 cars, (Chrysler backed and financed) not Joe Blows shop, in another year. We are talking about the 1965 model year here, once again, Chrysler backed and financed. Then we have people who state they're opinion about how rude someone is and add insult to injury, but in a real nice CUTE little way. Come on.....Let's all try to stay focused on what were trying to figure out here.....just some plain old mopar bench racin', mopar brother fellowship. All yeah Dean, keep posting the info, I know ya know what your talkin' about brother................

I've got to agree, the info is out there. It doesn't take much more than taking a good look around for yourself to track it down. And yes, some of it is priveledged info that yer just not gonna get because you ask nicely. Some guys have gone thru hell to know what they know and they won't just volunteer it unless they see you putting in the same desire and effort to gain accurate knowledge about the cars. Aside from that, they have to just plain like ya on a personal level also.

Exactly. Then there's a few guys like Reed who make their living at this stuff, and routinely spend $2K per month on their phone bill tracking down cars and other info.

The AWB manual (4208.7) used to be Top Secret a few years ago. Now, it can be routinely found on eBay. A lot of the info is out there if one wants to spend the money.

I was over a guy's house the other day looking at internal engineering documents related to the A-864 program. If I went and blabbed the contents all over the internet I'd be cut off at the knees. I like my knees... for the time being. :grin:

:confused::confused::edgy::HappyNewYear:nice:santa::(:(:(:(:(:yes::yes:

Guess we know who the in crowd is.Mr. 6Pack jumps all over every post he doesn't agree with,thats cool.Maybe I'll give Pete Haldiman a call and see what he thinks about the copy right violation with his book getting scanned and posted.Which is why I wont scan and post the info I have.Go buy the books and read like I said last night.

I really don't think ther is an "in crowd" on this board unlike many others.

I don't JUMP on anyone. I will correct someone if I have the facts and can show them so that people are correctly informed.

Not posting know suppoerting facts is a cop out. It is done everyday for things like this. I think you should call Pete. I think he would be flattered that someone would post info in a case like this.

And I DID buy the book but its not like I posted the ENTIRE thing on line.

I've got to agree with funnycar65 to an extent. It does seem like there are people out there that want to jump all over every post people make, and try to confuse the issues, when we're talkin about '65 cars, (Chrysler backed and financed) not Joe Blows shop, in another year. We are talking about the 1965 model year here, once again, Chrysler backed and financed. Then we have people who state they're opinion about how rude someone is and add insult to injury, but in a real nice CUTE little way. Come on.....Let's all try to stay focused on what were trying to figure out here.....just some plain old mopar bench racin', mopar brother fellowship. All yeah Dean, keep posting the info, I know ya know what your talkin' about brother................

Maybe this is what you THOUGH you were asking, but if you look at your original and subsequent posts this the the first time I remember you making that statement, and I DID ask what you were asking about in this thread.

Dean,

Insults aside, it's probably best just to keep all the info to yourself regardless if it's open source or not. These types of threads always turn into a pissing match. Just had one of these on another forum regarding the 64 steel-nosed Hemi hardtop cars. Either you're hoarding info, or are some sort of prima donna. You just can't win...

Yeah, thats what we need, NO MORE SHARING. Lets not help anyone out that want to learn and see the facts. Lets just continue to proliferate a bunch of Mopar myths and rumors. HP2 MEANS YOU HAVE 6 PACK 44O!!!! NOT.

64 Post has acess to blueprints and info on race Hemis that would blow your mind.And yes I've seen them.You don't deserve to know the facts.
Yeah, thats what we need, NO MORE SHARING. Lets not help anyone out that want to learn and see the facts. Lets just continue to proliferate a bunch of Mopar myths and rumors. HP2 MEANS YOU HAVE 6 PACK 44O!!!! NOT.

I enjoy learning about how it was,but I really like the way it is:grin:It is alot of fun Playin with the awb clones,,,,,er,,,tributes,,,,,oh aaaa,,replicas.Cal em what ya want,we are havin fun!!!:yes::grin:

IMG_2485.jpg

IMG_2487.jpg

IMG_2508.jpg

IMG_2519.jpg

IMG_2572.jpg

You lost me, Darryl...:confused:

Tongue in cheek comment. It is a myth that many people thought for years that was a telltale indicator that is not true and has been disprove long ago, but it still pops up about once a week with someone stating it in their sales ads etc.

64 Post has acess to blueprints and info on race Hemis that would blow your mind.And yes I've seen them.You don't deserve to know the facts.

Well, I guess GOD has spoken since he would know what I DESERVE.

After a private discussion, Mr. funnycar65 has earned a vacation.

I expect we won't see any discussion on THAT subject....will we. If we do, then that poster will get a vacation as well.

Now if possible, can we get back on the subject?

I was still curious about the post on the hardtop body. Did I miss that part?
Oh, and Hemi-itis, love the pics.

I'm constrained by the fact that I can't copy and post documents to prove or disprove something because I don't own the paperwork. I can look at the documents (provided they exist) and verify the content. Then I have to get permission to post the info. I don't make the rules, but I do have to play by them.

It's all kind of Secret Squirrel if you ask me.

Maybe this is what you THOUGH you were asking, but if you look at your original and subsequent posts this the the first time I remember you making that statement, and I DID ask what you were asking about in this thread.

HERE WE GO AGAIN, ONE LAST TIME, WOW !! post # 7 (my 2nd post).....AND I QUOTE----One of the most involved was the Chrysler Corporation. Their success with the new 426 Hemi in 1964 had them excited, and that excitement would boil over into two very special projects in 1965: the A990 sedans and the A/FX hardtops.
Now that we have a glimpse at the times that spawned powerful, intriguing, factory-built "race cars," let's focus on one in particular. The '65 Plymouth you see here spent its entire life doing battle on dragstrips across the country. Since the day it was built at the Chrysler facility, it had no other purpose in life. :edgy:

I'm constrained by the fact that I can't copy and post documents to prove or disprove something because I don't own the paperwork. I can look at the documents (provided they exist) and verify the content. Then I have to get permission to post the info. I don't make the rules, but I do have to play by them.

Would I be out of line in asking why this is all so cloak and dagger?
Wouldn't it be in the best interest of those that collect/admire (covet/hoarde) these awesome machines to share the details and peculiarities of their origins?
Think of the last time some guy did a major remodel on a brand new car and the factory copied it.......

Oh wait, is homeland security involved?:rolling:

Last edited:

There is no problem with copying something that has been published unless the publisher complains about it. Just give credit to the author. Your not copying the entire publication that makes it unecessary for someone to purchase it only portions. In fact, it INCUORAGES people to purchase it and read "the rest of the store" as in promoting it.

Auto Transport Service
Back