• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ahhhhhh aeromotive a2000 pump problem

Moparmatt72

Local time
6:52 PM
Reaction score
Okay wondering who all is running one of these, I got everything ready to finally start the motor, and now my a2000 pump with the regulator on the pump it self all the way out and the a2000 regulator 4 port one, even that's all the way out and the fuel pressure gauge goes to 32psi when pump is on, floats are adjusted and fuel comes out the vents. Is it a bad pump? I bought it brand new a while back. Any suggestions

Just a guess but adjusted all the way out might be full pressure, adjusted all the way in, lower pressure?

Well we did adjust the regulator itself all the way in and no change. But according to the instructions it says lower psi counterclockwise and to raise clockwise. We are stubbed.

I know a lot of people that have used those pumps only to have them fail. No personal experience, however.

Do you have the top bypass port plumbed back to cell? If capped, I believe pump will make max pressure without any regulator function. Hope you get it figured out :thumbsup:

Are you talking about the return? This is my lay out, from cell to filter to pump in, out of pump to bottom of regulator them out to the carb fuel rail, off regulator back to return port on fuel pump. Or should this go to the fuel cell?

The port facing UP just above regulator on pump needs to be plumbed back to cell.

- - - Updated - - -

Instructions show routing up facing bypass port bac to cell. The way it is now the pump has no way to bypass so it makes full pressure.

Thanks, I'm ordering up the parts to plumb the return and the bypass port into the fuel cell return port.

Auto Transport Service
Back