• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AI.......can we control it? Doubtful.

I agree with the first part of that, however retrieving data and thinking are not the same thing.
I agree, but, how long before they are? When do we begin to safeguard against loss of control? Now or when it's too late, given the speeds at which AI can crunch data compared to our brains abilty? The whole thing has the potential to get out of hand too rapidly for us to gain or regain control of it and people may suffer for it.

IMO the often used "man can decide to go against the data" line in SF comes into play.

I've been watching a lot of football lately and there's been a lot of talk about "the data" showing that going for 2 points after a touchdown is worth the risk almost all the time.

There's a similar argument regarding the statistics of attempting a 4th down conversion.

Still, the judgement of the quarterback/OC/head coach can be crucial based on other factors including game "momentum" and "gut feeling" rather than simply "by the numbers".

IMO the often used "man can decide to go against the data" line in SF comes into play.

I've been watching a lot of football lately and there's been a lot of talk about "the data" showing that going for 2 points after a touchdown is worth the risk almost all the time.

There's a similar argument regarding the statistics of attempting a 4th down conversion.

Still, the judgement of the quarterback/OC/head coach can be crucial based on other factors including game "momentum" and "gut feeling" rather than simply "by the numbers".
I agree that human brains can often come up with novel ideas and solutions when needed. Let's hope one can come up with that idea when the time comes where the momentum of AI's abilities overtakes our gut feelings about when we need to exert control.

AI will be the downfall of the USA/Republic,
the masses & the 1st world so-called 'civilized countries'
western civilizations, that feed at the trough of greed/convenience

Albert Einstein World is dangerous quote.jpg

(I know Einstein never probably said 1/2 of the **** he's quoted for)

don't be a sheeple/follower

I'm sure some of it is good
but the bad is taking over, is it really worth the convenience ?

I say no it's not...

I have very lil' technology I depend on
I like it that way too, life is far more simple that way
Electricity (for light & heat/cool), when the govn. doesn't **** that up
TV/Cable box to keep dad entertained, while he sits on his old *** 12+ hrs a day
(could I survive without them, oh hell yes I could)
it's far easier with them
the PC/Computer so I can access parts, get different sources of actual news
that isn't mass media/brainwashing-indoctrination, the ill-informed masses
(without the M)
& the PC/Comptuter get on FBBO, talk with friends (I don't need either to survive)
New washer & dryer, all manual settings
It's more of a convenience...

I don't need some machine/computer (Siri or Alexa) telling me
black is white, visa versa...
To allegedly make my life easier, NOT

we lived this long & survived as a great & powerful free nation
without it, up till now (for now)

Albert Einstein Everyone on the Internet is an expert.jpg

some ****
the general public will never truly know, until it's far too late
some will say they don't need to know or shouldn't know
until it's 'forced compliance' govt. overreach at the sake of "science"
who's paying for that so-called science (?) who's truly benefiting the most (?)
or who's profiting the most (?)
(like vaxx mandates, that didn't or don't work & don't stop the spread of the virus)
just because it's a lil' easier on those in power
& some computer 'models of what may happen' or some machine/tech. said so

Smiley Aliens Logic.jpg

machines fighting a war, calling the shots & making decisions
someone with a real brain & a real conscience should probably be making

to each their own

you inner-shitty dwellers will be fucked 1st
mark my words, all 1st started "allegedly" for a lil' convenience
ease the burden on man
No Thanks,
Mankind has done pretty damn well up-to now, with all our flaws
machines are the downfall & erosion to society, in many cases
look at the youth today & yesterday,
look at what "cell phones/so-called smart phones" have done
to the youth 2+ generations of them now
Albert Einstein fears cell phones.jpg

Albert Einstein Never confuse Education with Intelligence.jpg

technology isn't always the best thing
it makes more people stupid or just fat & lazy
to allegedly 'enrichen the people that own them"
or make wealthy, those that push them,
not knowing what they will be ultimately used for
just to get rich

Last edited:
On a far more basic level, I watched the CEO of my former corporate employer run the company off the rails when he made commitments to technology that got ahead of the realities of our current operations. The unforeseen consequences bugaboo seems to plague all decisions made with many, but not all the facts. The siren song of being able to micromanage truck drivers from afar by means of electronic tracking led to self-incrimination in litigation. Failure of operating software to interface with the GPS system cost over $3 million to remedy. Early entry into automated transmissions that didn't work cost another $3 million. All this took place under the mantra of embracing change and technology.

This happened at the height of the dot com boom. The company barely survived, shrunk by half, went through Chapter 11. I saw the writing on the wall, and bailed out with a golden parachute just before things really went south. The experience left me with a really cynical attitude towards the benefits of technology. This AI stuff scares the living daylights out of me.

Last edited:
Technology is an "easy target" for both people wanting to implement it as a "magic" remedy and for people looking for a scapegoat for why projects fail due to unrelated events (usually poor planning and communication).

Take your pick.. AI? Or a deadly Virus?? We have people working on both & clear signs we shouldn't be paying with either one.... While we're at it maybe we should look at nuclear weapons... Humans seem to have a natural tendency toward self destruction... And to be honest it's nothing new...

Self-propagating AI = virus?

From the perspective of the planet- are humans a virus?

Auto Transport Service
Back