• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

air box 1969 road runner fitment yr1

65sportfury

Local time
11:29 AM
Reaction score
I am looking to buy a 69 RR that came with fresh air package but the box that bolts to the hood is missing. I see Yr1 offers a complete replacement kit. Anyone install one and does it fit and function like it should? Thanks

I'd post a WTBuy here first for a used box before I bought a repro! Year One is probably buying their resale from PG Classics in Ottawa, Ontario.. Canada ! They're not bad, but not as clean as OE .

ok, I've just started looking and I'll probably buy the car anyway. Have just started the "search"

There is currently a near mint Ramcharger box here for sale in the classifieds, but the outboard boxes of the Air Grabber are different. Might be one come up in the future and if I ever find the time I'll be cleaning this one up... but don't hold your breath on that..
ramcharger-airgrabberparts 062.JPG

There is currently a near mint Ramcharger box here for sale in the classifieds, but the outboard boxes of the Air Grabber are different. Might be one come up in the future and if I ever find the time I'll be cleaning this one up... but don't hold your breath on that..
View attachment 1541879
If you ever so decide to sell this one, please keep me in mind. I took mine off the other day (to clean and inspect) and it was filled with fiberglass, I mean filled solid. I have know idea what they were thinking but this one is a total right off (explains why the hood seemed a little heavy but digured it was the air box/duct weight...anyways, so I'll be on the hunt for one by spring.

Just mentioning it in case some point down the road you decide to part with it. I'm not in any rush for one, I just happen to come across this post of yours while I was looking for pricing on one.

Btw, the air cleaner you sold me looks absolutely fantastic installed....thank you again! The cherry on the sundae.

Hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas.

Auto Transport Service
Back