• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Air cleaner graphics

sunger

Local time
10:17 AM
Reaction score
I have a 1969 GTX, hemi, and the air cleaner cover has the Coyote Duster wording with images of the coyote and road runner. Was this used on the GTX?

like this?
70_hemi_02.jpg

My Hemi following restoration came with the air cleaner basically free of decals except the small one at the top. Not sure if this is correct or not, but previous owner claimed this is the correct configuration. I have seen more 69 GTXs without the Coyote Duster decal than with it, but that is certainly not a guarantee that they are correct.
IMG_8583.JPG

A friend, in the early 80's, purchased a beautiful corvette that in its past someone had a professionally done painting of Snoopy throwing and catching a frisbee, painted on its stock Air Cleaner.....
We always wondered what DS did this........

IF this is a 1969 vehicle, is this is the correct PCV valve arrangement? Shouldn't the PCV valve mounted in the valve cover thru a grommet, not the cap as shown? If this a Plymouth, wouldn't the reference say SIX BARREL. My 1970 GTX,RS23V0A****** has no reference to COYOTE DUSTER only the Six Barrel wording.
Just talking out loud .......
BOB RENTON

I did my own. A Coronet fender emblem.
I wouldn't worry too much about what you
have on your air cleaner lid. If you like it,
and you're not building a 'correct' car, I say
anything goes.
What you have looks pretty good to me.
My engine is in a 1940 Plymouth Pickup
so I did install a Plymouth "beep beep" horn.
20190523_145322.jpg

IF this is a 1969 vehicle, is this is the correct PCV valve arrangement? Shouldn't the PCV valve mounted in the valve cover thru a grommet, not the cap as shown? If this a Plymouth, wouldn't the reference say SIX BARREL. My 1970 GTX,RS23V0A****** has no reference to COYOTE DUSTER only the Six Barrel wording.
Just talking out loud .......
BOB RENTON
Uh, Bob, thats a hemi not a 440 6bbl.

Auto Transport Service
Back