• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Air cleaner pie tin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randall Miller

Local time
2:14 AM
Reaction score
Just got a new to me 68 Coronet RT w a non fitting air cleaner. To wide and restrictive.

I'd like to go to this pic and I know pie tins are scarce. Couple questions...

Is it hard to find an air cleaner lid to hold the tin right if i found one or chose to wait? (Like this photo)

Are the decals which are available that look like this useable or will I apply it and it will look like every 3rd grade craft project I ever did....wrinkly, torn and crooked.

Thanks. Rudy

Screenshot_20240126_145016_Chrome.jpg

mopar-unsilenced-air-cleaner-with-tube-14.png

mancini-racing-black-wrinkle-air-cleaner-74.png

mopar-unsilenced-air-cleaner-18.png

mancini-racing-cast-air-cleaner-assembly-15.png

mopar-unsilenced-air-cleaner-with-tube-18.png

mancini-racing-low-pro-air-cleaner-38.jpg

https://www.classicindustries.com/product/mn1025.html Says the 440 Magnum Pie Tin is coming soon....

Here is a pie tin way over priced. But they are hard to find..

Better price on the Pie tin..

Last edited:
Thanks for all that. I really just want a simple open air cleaner like the photo I attached that will hold the tin if it ever comes. Do any air cleaners work? Certain brand or diameter?

Screenshot_20240126_145016_Chrome.jpg

I bet it will be hard to find an open element air cleaner that will fit the contour of the pie tin. Look at the angle of the unsilenced air cleaner where the pie tin rests. You have to match that...

Looks like a 14 inch air cleaner flat with a pie tin sitting on top maybe extended the hold down bolt.. Weird but it does look like its sitting on top of the air cleaner lid.

Thanks. I agree which is why I asked. I saw that car in person and it sat on the air cleaner perfect. Was hoping to get the air cleaner now....maybe decal it and add tin later.

Here is an idea. Buy the chrome unsilenced air cleaner and have the lower skirt machined off so you only have 1/4 inch hanging down. Just enough to hold the air filter centered. Same look without the possibility of crushing the pie tin.

Not a terrible idea however the one I saw in person was E-Z-P-Z. Just a simple air cleaner. Could've been a $20 Mr Gasket for all I know. Was hoping the B Body Mopar world knew what to get

Yep. That's the idea W a drop base so I can get a taller element. If no-one knows for sure I'll guess and then if/when tins come in I'll go to summit racing showroom and try then on like a clothing store

Yep. That's the idea W a drop base so I can get a taller element. If no-one knows for sure I'll guess and then if/when tins come in I'll go to summit racing showroom and try then on like a clothing store
Lol Whatever works for you... I dont think anyone will know exactly what the dude came up with in your picture. But we can all guess.

Cool idea. Keep us posted on what you find that works. If you can find a pie tin, that is.

Not ny idea as seen fron the photo but thanks. It's clearly been done before. If repop tins arrive I'll share.

One of the guys from FABO bought a few 273 Commando "decals" years ago that were made of thin metal with beautiful, accurate lettering and colors. It was super easy to install perfectly on his restored air cleaner the first time. I think I might still have one; I'll try to remember to look at the envelope for the seller/manufacturer when I go to the shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back