• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

air grabber disassembly?

Beep!Beep!

Local time
10:54 AM
Reaction score
i'm taking apart my air grabber hood to prep for paint on my 70 rr have it done all but main part that bolts to hood all nuts have been removed but towards rear behind engine call out looks like a clip and it also won't budge from hood anywhere will heat gun loosen it up don't want to damage it never removed before

it would help with pics,try the heat gun and see if it loosens up. are the clips off?

On a 70 hood the hinge for the door stays on the hood and gets painted with car if that's what your talking about
Ron

it would help with pics,try the heat gun and see if it loosens up. are the clips off?
All off but one in back of hood heat gun sounds good thanks thought about just taping it off just don't want to damage how do you get to back clip i can see it through callout bezel hole

Here's a pic the large dark gray part with studs holing it on ,is there more than 1 clip besides bolts
20190326_171001.jpg

On a 70 hood the hinge for the door stays on the hood and gets painted with car if that's what your talking about
Ron
Same color as car my car will be red hood is orange now

Same color as car my car will be red hood is orange now

You disagreed with my answer and then a few posts down said you will be painting the hinge red along with your hood. Don't understand why you would disagree and then later kinda agree????

You disagreed with my answer and then a few posts down said you will be painting the hinge red along with your hood. Don't understand why you would disagree and then later kinda agree????
Didn't mean to disagree actually looking for help so sorry

Didn't mean to disagree actually looking for help so sorry

All good, like I said that's why I was confused. Still unsure of your initial question. Are you asking why the fiberglass part wouldn't come off after removing the nuts under the door opening??? If so then you have to remove that one bolt in the circle section.

Just went back and looked at your picture, you don't have the rear bolt in so only other thing that holds it up there is the flapper mechanism.
Hope that helps

All good, like I said that's why I was confused. Still unsure of your initial question. Are you asking why the fiberglass part wouldn't come off after removing the nuts under the door opening??? If so then you have to remove that one bolt in the circle section.

Just went back and looked at your picture, you don't have the rear bolt in so only other thing that holds it up there is the flapper mechanism.
Hope that helps
Took off flapper i guess just stuck I'll try find my heat gun

Hey how about the the covers on each end of rod are they supposed to be car color some I've seen were orange?

Got it off! Yes, thanks for help! Wonder if it'll help my stove breathe better!lol

20190403_173324.jpg

Any suggestion on softening the rubber would like to keep original clean up and reshape!

End caps and flap are Orange, I mentioned early in this post that the door hinge was body color on a 70.
Ron

RonsGTX1.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back