• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Air Grabber Hood on eBay - Crazy Price?

petieg383

Local time
10:58 PM
Reaction score
I think he is about 1700 dollars high, but why not try to make a profit

I have seen people paying around 2k for them with all the airgrabber equipment

He is asking for top dollar value for average junk. That hood has been advertised for a couple years. It is probably still sitting in same spot as when pictured years ago, weathering outside.

He is asking for top dollar value for average junk.

If you needed that type of Hood for your project, what are your other options? Where can you go to have a "pick of the litter" for a Hood liker that? Unless there are choices for what's available, it's a Seller's Market.

Aren't all the air grabber parts, including the hood/door, being re-pop'd by AMD? That was the route I was looking to go; are there any parts on this setup that aren't offered in the aftermarket?

I sort of wish the values were that high because I have a '70 air grabber hood. I have thought about selling, but reproduction hoods have lowered the values some. I have been watching the asking and selling prices lately.

69b3rt, hold onto that hood for the right buyer!

AMD does reproduce the hoods, however, how well do they fit and how much finishing work do they need? Along with that a new repro air grabber setup will set you back around 1.5-2k, all in new, probably 2.5-3k w/out body/paint.

Without deeper inspection the hood/air grabber appears to be in good shape and complete. There is no replacement for NOS/factory original sheet metal and higher quality steel content. In 1970 how many cars built had the factory n96 option? So if you have a correct matching 70 B with the n96 option this hood and original metal is the market this caters to.

I have always wondered the steel content of AMD sheet metal. When you tap on AMD sheet metal it gives less ringing noise, like it has lead content to it.

that's been on there for a very long time :icon_weed:

Buddy bought one a year ago $500 with the door.If I had to have one I would go the AMD route with new duct work.The old duct work seems to be always busted up.The ebay guy is dreaming and time to wake up.

I've been watching that one for at least a year now. I bought the exact same hood setup in 1987 for $100, and the paint was much better than the one shown. :headbang:

And all you have to do is restore it. Per the ad. $$$$$$$$$$$$$

They're drinking their bong water...

ridiculous prices PERIOD

that's been on there for a very long time :icon_weed:

When I saw the thread title I knew exactly which hood it was!

I started working on my 70 five years ago and I saw it then. Someone has to be renewing this ad every 30 days for at least 5 years. Maybe he is trying to set the market? Or just has a lot of spare time.

Auto Transport Service
Back