• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Air grabber rebuild, need advice

ywca

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:49 AM
Reaction score
So I have a 69 roadrunner air grabber that I will be installing in my 68 GTX six pack. As you can see in the pictures, there’s busted pieces and cracks. I believe they are made with fiberglass, I might be wrong . I have some ideas how I would go about trying to repair the cracks and the holes . I know a lot of you have already done this and know the proper procedures and the proper chemicals or glue to repair this. I appreciate any input that you might have. just for interest sake here are the part numbers for the three pieces.2898976 date 95527 and the left and right duc are 2998450 2998451 same date code

Thanks Perry

IMG_0456.jpeg

IMG_0457.jpeg

IMG_0458.jpeg

I sent mine to Air Grabber Restorations and he did a spectacular job.
I don’t think that they are made out of what we normally call fiberglass; it’s more like plastic with long random fibers in it. I think it is similar if not identical to what the heater box is made from.

All covered in my pinned restoration thread...

Starts here..
1969 Dodge Super Bee Coupe Restoration
Thanks dadsbee, I was working on my island today and didn’t get home till late, quickly went over the thread, and I will spend more time tomorrow analyzing your procedure and looking closely at the pictures . is it possible for me to PM? You some questions I might have. Thanks Perry.

I sent mine to Air Grabber Restorations and he did a spectacular job.
I don’t think that they are made out of what we normally call fiberglass; it’s more like plastic with long random fibers in it. I think it is similar if not identical to what the heater box is made from.
It's SMC, sheet molded compound.

Auto Transport Service
Back