• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Air Temp" Sticker on 73 Roadrunner

idrivemopar

Local time
9:43 PM
Reaction score
I have seen it advertised from various parts resellers, but does anyone know if a 73 Roadrunner with AC had the "Air Temp" sticker on the passenger side quarter glass?

I thought that is where it always went but I have a 73 Charger SE. The quarter glass has the louvers if you remember. So I contacted Performance Car Graphics and asked where it went to clear the confusion. They were not sure but thought that they had done away with the sticker on B bodys after 72.
So there seems to be confusion about it. However if it IS on there, passenger quarter glass is where it goes.

That is what I was thinking, is it went away at some time. I've never seen a 73 or later Roadrunner with it, but that doesn't mean it wasn't there. Who knows, maybe someone that knows definitively will chime in.

You know, I was wondering about my 73. It only had 54K miles on it when I got it, and there was no sign at all of that sticker. No residue, nothing.

Yeah, other than "C" body's, I am fairly certain too that 72 was the last year for the Airtemp sticker.

Thanks for the feedback fellas, I will not worry about this item then.

Sorry, but sticker was on 73's.

My 73 stock, numbers matching car has factory air conditioning and it has an Airtemp sticker on the passenger side.
Here is the sticker on the removed pass window.

airtemp2.jpg
airtemp3.jpg

And here is a New Vehicle Road Ready decal on the drivers side.

ready.jpg

Interesting, I guess yours is the only one I have ever seen with the sticker! Too bad I didn't see this earlier, I just ordered a few other things and could have ordered one of these stickers. Oh well, guess it will have to wait until next time. I have never even seen the other one.

My car is from St Louis as well. What is the build date of your car? Just wondering if its late 72 build and that is why you have the sticker.

Both my 73's came from St Louis. It's Lynch Road that did all the weird stuff.
Yes, note** someone also put a "Road Ready" sticker on your window and that wasn't until later in the 70's that Chrysler did that dealer prep campaign.
I have an old key that I got for taking a test drive in a vehicle. I wish I could be more specific on the year but I know it wasn't 73 because my first car was a 73 bought new in April of the year.

Auto Transport Service
Back