• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alternative to foot operated high beam switch.

gkent

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:20 PM
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has an option to the foot operated high beam switch. Since I plan a headlight upgrade and will be using relays, there's no need for that heavy duty foot switch. I'm working on a '69 b-body and trying to come up with an alternative.

Just wondering if anyone has an option to the foot operated high beam switch. Since I plan a headlight upgrade and will be using relays, there's no need for that heavy duty foot switch. I'm working on a '69 b-body and trying to come up with an alternative.
I have no idea why you would want to do this. But you could use a later turn signal handle for speed control.

Well ya never know when you gotta clutch and flick on your highs at the same time !!!
Well your sort of out of luck with that idea. If things are the intense you will have both hands is action. One on the wheel and one on the shifter.

I moved mine.

It's right where the most comfortable place is to put my left foot.

Right now it's bolted to the metal behind the kick panel, which is off.

I haven't decided what to do with it yet.

Love the footswitch.
My son just installed one in his plowtruck for the plow lights.
He tells me it's perfect.

I know it’s your car and you can do whatever you damn well pllease. Personally I have 1 car without a foot switch, and I hate it, foot switch is a lot better. Also I’m trying to figure out why you need a different switch with relays, My GTX works fine with relays and a foot switch.

I know it’s your car and you can do whatever you damn well pllease.
Exactly. If you have a suggestion to what I want to do, offer it. If all you want to do is question my motive, move along.

And for all you know, maybe I only have one foot !!

Exactly. If you have a suggestion to what I want to do, offer it. If all you want to do is question my motive, move along.

If that's the case I would ask the people at a handicap mobility place.

Just permanently drive around with your brights on. It'll still be dimmer than the damn lights on modern pickups and suvs.

How this idea?

6BE62BFF-77C0-4824-AEA8-7E74D602BD9C.png

5AE57590-FA49-41D7-880A-9D267DEEDA01.png

I was just curious if you thought that having relays, the factory system wasn’t going to work.

I was just curious if you thought that having relays, the factory system wasn’t going to work.
No. But that said, with relays that big, ugly, mechanical, rust-prone, outdated, cut a hole in your carpet thing is overkill.

How this idea?
You're on the right track ... but the car has a pistol grip.

I was tossing around the idea of a small pushbutton on the steering wheel (aftermarket) but I don't want to wrap a coil of wire around the steering column.

Auto Transport Service
Back