• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

alternator bolts and spacers..

rr70

Local time
7:19 PM
Reaction score
Hi there!
I was going to buy the alternator pivot bolt..(mine was missing, had just bolt and nut..)
Ordered it from Year1, got it and it didnt fit at all, whats wrong..?

I got two bolts, three spacers, but I figure that I just need one bolt and two spacers..
The car is a non AC, at least thats what I thought.., could it be that someone has mixed the brackets, AC/NonAC etc please help me sort this out!!

Attachments

• DSC_0346.jpg
    DSC_0346.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 373
  • gen1.jpg
    gen1.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 351
Try going to the Bouchillon Performance website and look at the pictures of the alternator mount for your car. They sell complete bolt kits and you should be able to find the one that shows your setup. I had a heck of a time with mine as well...

Greg

You do have A/C brackets pictured there.
Here is the non-air bracket, bolt, and spacer configuration.
IMAG0018.jpg
Thanks "72RoadrunnerGTX" then thats the bracket/bolt I need! Do you know if the waterpump/pulley is the same or do I need to change that to?

/Linus

Welcome to the wonderful world of accessory mounting HELL.

Very common.

Sometimes I think every engine and every accessory combo was different in every year...
...and I think I've seen every possible combo including mis-matched parts.

I keep an assortment of different length bolts, and as many spacers as I can find.
Most important thing is to make sure all the pulley grooves align, regardless of where the spacers end up.

Man that's the truth. Small block and big block.

Welcome to the wonderful world of accessory mounting HELL.

Very common.

Sometimes I think every engine and every accessory combo was different in every year...
...and I think I've seen every possible combo including mis-matched parts.

I keep an assortment of different length bolts, and as many spacers as I can find.
Most important thing is to make sure all the pulley grooves align, regardless of where the spacers end up.

I'm in the middle of this right now. Just got the engine back from the builders and I'm mounting the timing cover, water pump, oh my gosh, so many combinations. I scoured the web looking for pictures of difference combinations of power steering pump, alternator, AC etc. I found some, but I'd like more. 67 Satellite 318. Can anyone share their configuration? My plan is to mock it up, install everything loosely then do a final install, then put the engine back in the car. Any help would be appreciated...

.....Never mind.... Edited to remove "helpful" comment as I (now) see this thread is 9 years old! I don't have anything to help the "current" poster.

find longer ones and cut them down then there custom to your motor and they'll be perfect if you measure right, done that several times.

Back from the dead.

I always take accessory bolts and spacers from donor cars when I'm U-pulling.

It's amazing how many people pull an alternator, or PS pump and leave the bolts and spacers.

10 seconds to throw them into my parts pile and usually don't get charged any extra for them.

Those bolts are almost always an oddball length with a very long, non-standard shoulder.

I've even filled up a coffee can with hard to find, oddball length Moapr specific bolts and been charged only 2-3 dollars when that was my only purchase.

Auto Transport Service
Back