• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aluminium radiator for 62 Fury - advice.

Dk440

Local time
3:38 AM
Reaction score
Hi

My old copper radiator needs replacement due to it beeing unable to cool my 500-600 hp engine propperly when hot out. Im fine cruising, but in slow moving traffic, it starts to climb past 200 degrees, so I am going to replace it with a new aluminium one. The best bang for the $ seems to bee http://www.championradiators.com/ but I am unsure, which too choose............2 row or 3 row - they are both rated 550hp, so I would just go with the 2 row, or!? http://www.championradiators.com/American-Eagle-Plymouth-Belvedere-radiator-shroud-1963-1967
They do not sell a radiator specifically for the 62 model ( 63-67 ).............but is it not the same size radiator for all the B-body mopars? I have measured my old radiator to be 23,75" x 25,75" - and they state 23,75" x 26", which is pretty darn close...............just want to be sure before ordering! I have checked both Griffin and Bee Cool, and their sizes are very different, so now after measuring/comparing, and measuring/comparing etc..................I turn to you guys, who actually drive the cars, for help.

Thanks in advance.

Rolf

champion...had 3...waiting on another for my 67 r/t...3 row...cost me 210.00

I had the same overheating issue with my stroker. Installed a shroud with the stock fixed fan. Issue gone.

I had the same overheating issue with my stroker. Installed a shroud with the stock fixed fan. Issue gone.

It did cross my mind, to put in a shroud, but on my current radiator, the lower inlet has been bent/damaged at some point, restricting the flow of coolant, so I will replace it with a brand new one and go from there.

yes...even with a good alum rad,my stroker would not cool in traffic until I added a 7 blade steel fan and shroud..cooled fantastic down the road but didn't get enough air flow in traffic

I bought my radiator and shroud from Mancini. More expensive, but they emailed a specification sheet that I filled out and got a custom made set-up. It fit great and keeps my motor at 190 and under (180 thermostat). I'm running a 6 blade stainless steel fan from them as well. The summers here are regularly in the 90s and 100s.

Attachments

• DSCN1669.jpg
    DSCN1669.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 183
  • DSCN1679.jpg
    DSCN1679.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 176
Love your setup, Dave - looks great, with the power steering and everything. I think I will try the radiator+shroud from Champion, and maybe upgrade the fan as well, as suggested. I guess a quick look at Mancinis´ first wont hurt...............!:grin:

Thanks, once again!

Auto Transport Service
Back