• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Always a pleasant surprise to discover your car in a strangers' video

moparedtn

I got your Staff Member riiiight heeeere...
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:39 AM
Reaction score
I stumbled upon this one while killing some time on YT today.
It's from our local monthly cruise-in on Memorial Day this year - and I've spoken to this
particular "content creator" before about getting his Mopars correct in his narrative.
Looks like he was listening this time. :)
(As always, please ignore the large ogre leaning on Fred - I have permission to do so).

I stumbled upon this one while killing some time on YT today.
It's from our local monthly cruise-in on Memorial Day this year - and I've spoken to this
particular "content creator" before about getting his Mopars correct in his narrative.
Looks like he was listening this time. :)
(As always, please ignore the large ogre leaning on Fred - I have permission to do so).

Damn that's a good paintjob

Damn that's a good paintjob
On Fred the GTX? Well, it's actually a good "twenty footer" - he just photographs well. :)
Now, that '57 though - that's a seriously nice paint job up close. Dude told me over $10k in
paint alone on that one.

On Fred the GTX? Well, it's actually a good "twenty footer" - he just photographs well. :)
Now, that '57 though - that's a seriously nice paint job up close. Dude told me over $10k in
paint alone on that one.
Yeah... i'll be sticking with my original paint other than the new fenders :) a chip in $10k of paint would make me lay on the ground and cry )

Yeah... i'll be sticking with my original paint other than the new fenders :) a chip in $10k of paint would make me lay on the ground and cry )
I hear ya there.
For a little ol' county seat of a town, when the cruise-ins happen, some truly amazing paint jobs on cars show up.
There's some dudes laying down serious coin on some paint around here!

Then, once in a blue moon, something like this shows up out of nowhere:
366361272_796988392220688_5525984306323047645_n.jpg

366357839_796988352220692_8439520443308910692_n.jpg

That's a fully restored 1937 Packard "12" convertible. Worth somewhere in the neighborhood of
a $million. The couple that owns it spoke with us for a moment at the August cruise-in (we were
parked right next to it) and it turns out the fellow is a retired college professor from Austin, TX.
Said the car was in restoration for over a decade. I believe it; it was amazing.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back