• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Rescue in KY while a Semi dangles off a bridge over the Ohio River

QuickBpBp

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:46 AM
Reaction score
Simply AMAZING this guy not only survived the wreck but was rescued on top it AFTER DANGLING from the bridge. If you don't believe that someone was watching over him and it wasn't his time MAYBE you should start to... God bless those Heroes that made sure he is going to go home to his family at some point. I am sure there might be better footage but all I could find for now.

LIVE: Driver trapped in semi dangling over edge of bridge

I’m interested but the link sucks ***
There was a live video link on the right showing it... It's gone now. I am sure later the video will be online or shown in the news again somewhere.
1709316768311.png

Last edited:
And only trailer king pin holding tractor to trailer…..

Just saw it was a woman truck driver who was trying to avoid 2 other cars that wrecked on the bridge. So glad SHE was able to go home to her family after dangling there from the bridge for almost 40 minutes.. Some better videos..

The areal footage of it is crazy!

I watched it live and seeing the driver make it from hanging there to back safely on the bridge was incredible. I could imagine the overwhelming feeling of happiness for all involved.. Honestly it was one of the best news stories I have seen in a while.

O'Neill said the woman - a military veteran - deserves a lot of credit for remaining calm throughout the situation.

Her name hasn’t been released yet

After they got her back up, did they just let the truck drop down into the water?

After they got her back up, did they just let the truck drop down into the water?
Nope, they recovered the whole mess back up on the bridge deck. Amazing stuff to watch live.

Glad she's okay. First thought was hoping it wasn't our truck that runs to Louisville daily. That kingpin setup is pretty solid, although the truck is generally the lightest part of the load

What led to accident. Silence.

I have been over that US-31 bridge 100 times over the years....built in 1929 it's a narrow bastard.

I was leased to an outfit whose HQ was a mile west in Louisville... that was my shortcut to avoid the interstate traffic.

I'm afraid of heights...I would have jumped after two minutes!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back