• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AMD quarters on 69 RR

MoparBill

Local time
9:39 AM
Reaction score
I am in the process os hanging full AMD quarter panels on my 69 RoadRunner. The small vertical edge that wraps down into the trunk gutter seems a little long. The oem is 1/2" and the AMD is 5/8-3/4 depending on where you measure.
Has anyone experienced this? I figured I'd ask in case I'm missing something....I'm ready to zip in down to 1/2" but thought it wouldn't hurt to ask...

Also check the width of the little shelf along side of the rear side windows. If the car is a post car you may find the window ledge is not the correct width also.

I need to buy some quarters soon...Is ADM made in USA or China ? Every time I talk to some one restoring a car the parts from China are poor fits and like every thing from China it is close but, not to exact OEM spec's..Thanks Rick

I need to buy some quarters soon...Is ADM made in USA or China ? Every time I talk to some one restoring a car the parts from China are poor fits and like every thing from China it is close but, not to exact OEM spec's..Thanks Rick

Neither, I believe they're made in Taiwan. They're not perfect for sure, but still the best fit out there as far as aftermarket goes.

I had the same thing Bill, as well as other areas. Be prepared to have issues where the quarter tucks in for the bumper as well (to shallow-lazy of a 90* curve)......Here's a page from the fit up of the AMD quarters on my '69.

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?8368-Family-Tradition/page21

I should've read your thread again before I started. Overall they fit very well, just some minor tweaks here and there. I've done a handful of quarters up to the bodyline which are a little easier. I have one side fit up with a new trunk extension and the wheelhouse rebuilt- I'll try to get it welded up this weekend.

hello Bill,
just to give you some info 80% of all restoration parts are made in China. quality is according to the companies here requesting or demanding for the product. All those mopar, ford, camaro, gm, OER original quality equipment are made in china. I have been working for U.S. customs for 38 yrs and I had deal with these companies. Some of then re-label parts with stickers made in USA which is ilegal.

I should've read your thread again before I started. Overall they fit very well, just some minor tweaks here and there. I've done a handful of quarters up to the bodyline which are a little easier. I have one side fit up with a new trunk extension and the wheelhouse rebuilt- I'll try to get it welded up this weekend.

How was the fit up where the quarter tucks under the roof skin and traveling down in the window frame to the window corner? I know Detmatt had some nightmare's dealing with a screwed up rear window opening stamp and I had issues with cracks in the lower window corners.

It seemed like the sail panel was a little wide...trimmed a little to tuck under the sail panel...seems like the radius is off at the dutchman panel..definitely more work than doing panels at the body line. The rear window opening looks fine and so does the lower window corner.

Auto Transport Service
Back