• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

American Driver loses license in Canada

That's American spelling. Everyone else uses metre and litre. :)
That's 'cause you finagled some French into your words.
1683860888822.jpeg

Back in the early 70s when I was in the Boston school system, for a short time there was a push to teach us the metric system. Stupidly, they made it as hard as they possibly could for us by having us figure out dumb stuff like doing the math to convert inches with fractions into millimeters and how many kilometers and meters are in 27 1/4 miles. At the end of the day, it was just confusion to all of us who were just in our early teens. I think this course was only taught for one year.

You should complete your set with a Metric adjustable wrench. I paint mine red so I don't get it mixed up with my regular one.
GREAT idea, thanks

Make part of my living doing machining and fabrication work.
I've received prints with stock sizes in SAE, distance from datum/zero called out in metric, the holes after being
located given in SAE while some were in mm............duh!

Make part of my living doing machining and fabrication work.
I've received prints with stock sizes in SAE, distance from datum/zero called out in metric, the holes after being
located given in SAE while some were in mm............duh!
We get those same types of prints at our place, we're a Cold Heading outfit, part metric/part US standard. Sometimes they use the disclaimer "All measurements in metric unless specified otherwise". Brilliant, how about you pick one and stick with it.

Confirmation, I'm not the only one who gets prints with a little of this & a little of that...... :lol:

I just don't know what the 5.7 Liter is in my pickup. Do you light up cigarettes with a liter. Like it's an American made pickup so that should be spelled out in Cubic inches right? Mercedes didn't do enough damage to Chrysler corp. I guess, so this maybe is so we all remember.

I used to work in an automotive plant in Ontario, Canada that supplied powdered metal driveline parts for the Big 3 auto makers. The manufacturers supplied part drawings in Metric. Our engineering department converted these these to SAE to develop tools (dies, punches, etc.) to make the part. So, to say that Canada changed to Metric, it is not entirely true.
I worked in Q.C., and was responsible for the calibration and setup of all the production gauging. It looked like, before I started there, the govt. must have handed out $$$ to convert to Metric gauging. There were all kinds of metric indicators, micrometers, gauge blocks, etc. still in their boxes, never used. The plant closed last year, and I imagine all this stuff went to scrap, in brand new condition.

I just don't know what the 5.7 Liter is in my pickup. Do you light up cigarettes with a liter. Like it's an American made pickup so that should be spelled out in Cubic inches right? Mercedes didn't do enough damage to Chrysler corp. I guess, so this maybe is so we all remember.
Yes, but there are no Chrysler Hemi engines made in America. Mexico is metric.

But regardless, some engines still have their size in cubic inches. :)
i1uMzTsgsgHaEK?w=268&h=180&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=2&pid=1.jpg

What I find amusing is how polarizing the topic of metric vs. Imperial is to so many....
Especially the "metric snobs" who look down their self-superior noses at the unwashed masses.
Hilarious.

Auto Transport Service
Back