• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

American Racing VN501

Stroked438

Local time
3:09 AM
Reaction score
Is there anyone running these yet on there B body. I am looking at them to replace polished Torque Thrust on my 68 Sport Satellite. The black is powder coated and the machined surfaces are clear coated.
1659986475109.png

That is a fine looking rim, I like that it has a conventional thin stepped lip and not the wide smooth outer lip so many wheels have today.

You need a REALLY thin walled socket to get the lug nuts. I have to use a spark plug socket....

I think it is a good looking wheel. It actually looks better on a car, I see. I got in touch with American Racing about the finish, I really dont like polishing wheels, and they said they are clear coated but the guy wasnt really convincing. He said thats what his information was telling him, so they just makes me think that he didnt verify it.

Be aware, the vn501 used to be a polished tt2. I have a couple. The ones in this thread are the current, new ones.

What back spacing did you use? Is 5 1/4 on a 17 inch wheel too .uch for the front?and 4 3/4on the rear ok? Thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back