• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ammeter bypass

what a disgrace you found that LOL
Well I understand You calling Yourself a disgrace. I on the other hand, understand it's importance on a car that has much more electronics going on. Thankfully I had a good fusible link even after the mod. Melted it and a few other things due to the high amperage draw. Can't imagine had I left it original. 2-40 amp initial draw electric fans w continuous 20 amp, 3 amplifiers for stereo, fuel injection w a 130 amp alternator. I now skip alternator to starter relay and bulkhead. I go alternator directly to battery and then feed from battery to appropriate relays and battery to bulked and starter relay. Works flawlessly now.

Ammeter isn't the only method to monitor the system.
I suppose if you want to limit your “monitoring” to the change/no charge status, a voltmeter can do that just as well as a simple “idiot light” can. The rate of battery charge/discharge will indicate a whole lot more real time information about what’s going on if you understand what it’s telling you. Any serious monitoring of DC circuits involves ammeters in some form.

Auto Transport Service
Back