• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANCO wiper blade removal/replacement

62maxx

Local time
6:37 AM
Reaction score
Greetings,

how in the He** do you properly remove & replace these wiper blades? They are driving me crazy! That "red button" doesn't do anything. :BangHead: I thought it would release something but not. Also, who would have the correct re-fills for these?

Thanks very much!

62 wiper1 resize.jpg

62 wiper2 resize.jpg

I bought some called Trico Classics, and slipped the rubber blade out of them and into my original arms and holders for my 68. I am not sure about the 62.

Yes, the red button releases them. Anco and Trico's are different.

Same problem as 62maxx. I have a 65 Belvedere that has similar wipers with the same red button. I have a set of correct wiper blades to install. When you press button it doesn’t release anything. I thought that you might have to work blade in one side then slightly bend to install other side. If this isn’t correct, then how is it done.

Last edited:
Same problem as 62maxx. I have a 65 Belvedere that has similar wipers with the same red button. I have a set of correct wiper blades to install. When you press button it doesn’t release anything. I thought that you might have to work blade in one side then slightly bend to install other side. If this isn’t correct, then how is it done.
When you press the button you have to use a little force to get the claw portion to release from the arm. You then slide the refill into the part you took off first and then slide the rest into the other end and snap the metal claw part back in. I'm ordering Trico (part number 47-800) from NAPA to try. The claws measure about 9mm wide and the Tric refills are 8mm. Should be able to get them to work.

Pretty simple mechanism. Press the button and pull the refill towards the driver's side (towards each fender on yours!). The button pushed down drops the track lock pawls out of the way.
20230207_170351.jpg
20230207_170416.jpg

Last edited:
When you press the button you have to use a little force to get the claw portion to release from the arm. You then slide the refill into the part you took off first and then slide the rest into the other end and snap the metal claw part back in. I'm ordering Trico (part number 47-800) from NAPA to try. The claws measure about 9mm wide and the Tric refills are 8mm. Should be able to get them to work.
They work in our Charger.

I thought the old style blade refills were universal. I never had compatibility issues back in the day.

If you can't get the button to work, can you just squeeze the end clip and slide the blade out from the whole assembly?

BTW- who THE F thought wiper blades and refills needed redesigned.

What a horrible "advancement".

Auto Transport Service
Back