• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

...and like that, he was gone...

I’m sorry to read about your loss. I can share I know what you’re going through. I had a close bud just like yours I met through working together. We went through great times, and really rough times at the company we were with. It was the rocky time we endured at the company when our friendship grew even closer, as close as it was. We had worked as a team going around the country to some 38 offices at the time, and how we relished giving each other **** as well. We kept close for years after we both went our ways with different jobs. We’d get together every other week or so to have a few beers. On our last occasion, never knew that a few days later I’d get a call from a mutual friend asking me if “I heard the news about Ralph?” He died of a massive heart attack at age 50, otherwise seemed healthy as could be, about five years my junior.

It has been 11 years since he passed and not a week goes by where I have dreams working with him good times or bad. Just a strange thing and in one of those dreams he said “Hey don’t be concerned about me; I’m doing fine.” Just like the kind of thing he’d say.

Wish you and your bud’s family all the best.

Thanks for sharing Ed and my deepest apolgies for your loss and the families. Prayers to all.
Tommorow is not a promise, celebrate what you have today, cherish what has passed without regret. Take the time to let those around you know how you feel today.

Sir my condolences to you and your friends family. Memories are what make our lives complete. A once in a lifetime friend is a precious thing to cherish! Doesn’t take away the heartache, but he will be with you forever! Take care my friend and stay strong!

So sorry for your loss.
Life is about living it and the results are the wonderful memories we make with dear friends and family. In the end, memories are all we have?
You were very fortunate to have had such a good friend.

You all are being so very kind, thank you.
My wife told me I "needed" to grieve"....
I told her I wasn't going to give The Bastard the satisfaction of seeing me do that.

I bet some of you know who "The Bastard" is...

Reading through your post, I can't help but think of how lucky both of you are to have
been able to forge a friendship so strong over the years. Don't beat yourself up about
one comment you said to him the last time you talked, think about him smiling and
getting a chuckle when he heard it spoken from you as you always wisecracked back!
God Bless.

You're post really drew me in, even though we've never met. You have my most sincere sympathy and prayers for Randy.

I've not been on this site long but from most of the posts, I gather most of us are not spring chickens, so it is great to see members share their life experiences. Talking about these things does help I believe. Stay well.

Last edited:
Ed, you above all, already know life isn't fair. The older we get the more we look around and realize time waits for no one. As many have said, enjoy today, tomorrow is not a guarantee. Prayers sent my friend!!

Ed, I’m very sorry about your friend (brother) Randy. He sounds like a great guy and a loyal friend. Such as you are. Like ZY above said, both of you were so lucky to have such a strong friendship. My thoughts and prayers are with you and his family.

Sorry for the loss of your friend ED. This seems to be happening too often theses days. Prayers for you, yours & his!
:praying:

You're post really drew me in, even though we've never met. I could feel the love you have for your friend, along with all of the other emotions the loss of your bud stirred up. You have my most sincere sympathy and prayers for Randy.

I've not been on this site long but from most of the posts, I gather most of us are not spring chickens, so it is great to see members share their life experiences. Talking about these things does help I believe. Stay well.
Apologies.... I do tend to post "Ed stories" on here from time to time.
There's tons on here somewhere....
I do it as a sort of journal for myself, but sometimes others like it too I guess. :)
There are truly good souls on this site and that's the main reason I've been here all this time.
The cars are just a bonus. :)
Thanks!

Sorry for the loss of a friend. Prayers to you Ed and to Randy and his family and close ones!

So sorry for the lose of your friend,been there.
I think of mine often.

I feel your pain, friend. When one outlived their friends and family, it is a strange feeling.
Also, as usual, you express yourself in a manner that is easy to read and a joy to experience. I am sorry to learn this bad news as you are probably as great an asset to your friends and family as you are to this forum. Bad things do happen to good people sometimes.
Greg

Might I add, I believe our body/soul asks us to grieve. For each of us it comes at the time and way we are supposed to. I think it heals our wounds.
I still shed tears of my mother and father that passed in '93 and 2001.
I still shed tears for a best dog buddy that died 5 years past.

Sorry for your loss. Your Story really hit home with me. I could change a few things and tell the same story. God is not done with me yet, and till then I try to be the best person I can.

Auto Transport Service
Back