• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

...and some noob walks in the door.

mrwoolery

Local time
12:51 AM
Reaction score
Hello, I'm David. I have a '71 Dodge Charger project car...

...just joined up, and will be hanging out here for awhile. I hope you don't mind the smell.

Welcome. I've never used the term on here, but since you did....:sSig_noob:

:HappyNewYear:

Hey welcome to the site, I have a 71 charger as well. I would like to hear more about yours and see some pics of it if you have any.

...just joined up, and will be hanging out here for awhile. I hope you don't mind the smell.

you smoking cigars in here? welcome

Come on in ! your Welcome here anyway, We will open the windows, and turn on the fans, if we have to.:D

You guys wanted some pics, so here's what I got. The car's an original CA numbers matching 383. I'm doing a restomod project with it. Minor stuff, really...R/T body conversion, LED lights, plan to stroke the engine into a 496 six pack. I'm going to take it back to the original light gunmetal color, though.

Here's the starting point. In the 80's it was painted Dukes of Hazard orange (sheesh). Body is in generally good shape though, clean trunk, floors, etc. Only small rust spots to be dealt with here and there.
Frontolique.gif

front.gif

dash.gif

'71 R/T doors being restored to be put on the car:
RSDoorrestored.jpg

'71 Air Grabber Hood being restored to be put on the car:
Hoodrestored.jpg

R/T LED lights:
ChargerRTtailsbrakelights.jpg

Cool car, mine is the gunmetal color. I like that LED setup you have. Where did you get that?

A belated Welcome Aboard!

Looks like a sweet project. Good call on the gunmetal because the blue interior looks out of place with that orange exterior. Always liked the R/T doors and hood on these also.

ACME

Auto Transport Service
Back