• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another 71 gold GTX

Nice job on the car. Great to see another GY8! What tranny/rear axle combo do you have?

Well I've been in northern Illinois lurking and sucking up info for a long time and thought now was the time to share. This car was won on a bet with my wife. I found it on ebay years ago as a basket case and have been picking up pieces as money allows. It will not be a pristine perfect car, just something fun to play with. I hope to have it on the road this spring/summer. I think it was a drag car for a while. There were a few extra holes in the trunk and one bottom leaf spring was cut short just on one sideView attachment 393446 View attachment 393447 View attachment 393448 View attachment 393449 . Any ideas why? Anyway here are a few pictures. Thank you all for posting yours.

Is that Tan Poly T2 Tunisian Tan Iridescent paint?

https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/tan-poly-t2-tunisian-tan-iridescent.128313/

Welcome from MA, nice GTX!

Otu0LkZ

Welcome.. Now let's hear more details about that bet you won...
Well, about 12 years ago my wife made a sad mistake. I had finished my challenger a year before and was hunting for a new project. I tinker by nature and can only be idle so long before I drive the family nuts. Anyway at Thanksgiving It's a Wonderful Life was on and the station kept playing a bit that said this is the only time it will be on for the rest of the season. I told her that was crazy and that they would play it again. She bet a new couch against a project car. Christmas Eve came and there was the movie. I always tell her never bet against a winner. It's a great story to tell when she is with me, I live for the eye roll.

dadalis, no matter how long it has been, Welcome back from the Pacific Northwest and let me commend you on your efforts, a very nice ride!
Bob :moparsmiley:

Nice job on the car. Great to see another GY8! What tranny/rear axle combo do you have?
Well according to the tag 3.55 gearing and it's a column shifted 727. Thanks to all who like this stuff and share.

As promised updated pictures. I have a few more odds and ends like a/c hookup ,wheel alignment, interior detail, ect. but it should be out there soon
upload_2018-3-18_20-43-20.jpeg
upload_2018-3-18_20-44-22.jpeg
upload_2018-3-18_20-43-47.jpeg
upload_2018-3-18_20-44-54.jpeg
upload_2018-3-18_20-45-35.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back