• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another cool 66 Coronet on ebay

thebankerstoy

Local time
12:42 AM
Reaction score
I belive it ran a week or so ago.

I find it interesting all the bidding activity and amount compared to this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodg...m14QQhashZitem120325025752QQitemZ120325025752

Which from the pictures appears to be a pretty much un-molested original car with matching numbers Hemi with console 4 speed. The car could not get past $25K. You really can't blame it on the "times" when this other car is bidding the way it is in the same month.

I have seen a lot of resto mods (like the subject car) bring more money than original cars but it is usually something that is more popular with the masses like an E body. Unusual to see it happen with a 66 Coronet.

Even the brake rotors look chromed. Jeez I just thought I was building a fine car.I am no where near the quality of this car. But I have an original dash with a rt 150 speedo and a nice original black interior with a console. i like a stock appearance inside,kinda like grandmas car on steroids.

I think that white car would have done better if they had taken the time to clean it up. The bottom of the car makes it look filthy. And I hate to say it, but the general public is "attracted to shiny things"

I agree with regard to what the general public likes to see, but to me that just looks like a 43 year old original under side of a car. To me, that is worth something and tells a story. Once the original patina is gone and it is all glossed over you can't tell if it was a rust bucket with new floors or how bad it MAY have been. It is not just the under side but the interior etc. that just appears to be original looking in the pictures.

All I'm saying is they should have made an effort to clean it. A lil high pressure washer would have done wonders. I did that when I sold my Bee. Bottom was untouched, but cleaned off. And when the guy took a look at the bottom of the car and saw what shape it was in, there was no question he was going to buy. With it clean it was easy to see the original markings on the rear end housing. Worth WAY more than dirt.

It's like comparing apples to oranges to me when you try to compare the modified red Coronet to the original white Hemi car. I'd enjoy owning either car, but for different reasons. The red car would be fun at the all makes type of car shows where the folks don't know much about rare Mopars, as the bright red paint and the modified Hemi would draw them to the car, but the White car would be more fun at an all Mopar show such as the Mopar Nationals where at least SOME of the people know what their looking at. As far as actually DRIVING one of the two on the street, it would be the red car hands down, as risking the rare original white car on the street would not be fun for me.

Richard

Auto Transport Service
Back