• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another new guy

Just 1 More

Local time
3:59 PM
Reaction score
New to the old Mopar world but not to cars. Just finishing my 68 Camaro Pro Touring build and came across a 51 Cranbrook Belvedere that for some stupid reason I felt I needed it. It's been sitting for a long time. Someone started to make a hot rod out of it by dropping a 413 in it. My plan is to continue with the hot rod style build. I'm sure i'll be around here asking some stupid questions so i'll thank you now for your patientce. Oh, and It came with a spare strange looking engine
20220915_153220 (1).jpg
20221001_105827.jpg
20221001_150327.jpg
20221001_105250.jpg

20221001_105749.jpg

Welcome and I'll gladly take that strange engine off your hands. :lol:

Welcome to FBBO
good luck

Oh to have rear quarters replaceable like that. But then the B-body had to go complicate things lol. Greetings and welcome from western NY!

Welcome!
And you got it wrong, the strange engine is the one in the car!!

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario. Nice project. The motor in it looks to be a truck/motorhome 413, while other engine is '51-'54 Chrysler 331 Hemi.

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario. Nice project. The motor in it looks to be a truck/motorhome 413, while other engine is '51-'54 Chrysler 331 Hemi.
The Hemi is a 1954 331 with extended bellhousing out of a 54 New Yorker. The 413 came out of a motorhome but not sure what year. I'll be needing some guidence on building the 413 in to a street powerhouse. The 331 I haven't decided what direction i'm going with it yet or what i'm gpoing to put it in. Thinking blower though, nice 6-71 and zoomies.
The 51 Cranbrook i'm thinking of a S&W racecar 4 link backhalf and 8pt cage .. stuff some big meats up under those fenders

Yup, early Hemi like mentioned and yes on the engine in the car is either an industrial or a MH/truck engine. That's about all those high mount water pump units were used in. And I came home from the hospital in a 51 Cranbrook......welcome to the site!

The early 331's are practically unusable with that extended block casting. The truck 413 would be usable just for its short block. Car heads, intake, exhaust, water pump, etc. would have to be found.

Welcome from Alabama, you have some cool early iron there.

Welcome from Missouri!!

The early 331's are practically unusable with that extended block casting. The truck 413 would be usable just for its short block. Car heads, intake, exhaust, water pump, etc. would have to be found.
Figured i'd bore it, up the compression a little, go with some aluminum heads, Bullet cam, roller lifters & rockers.. Maybe Holley Terminator X EFI.. just thinking out loud.. lol

Auto Transport Service
Back