• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another new guy

66Belv440

Local time
2:34 PM
Reaction score
Hello FBBO community. New guy to the forum and NOT a social media guy so bear with me please.
I am recently retired USAF working on my 66 Belvedere I bought in college in ‘98. The car sat in my old man’s garage for the better of 20 years where he drove it occasionally until I retired and we planned on finishing it together. Well, Covid got my pops last November so I will be going it without him.
Originally a 273 car, it’s had the 318 out of my totaled ‘74 Charger since ‘98 which I recently sold. I’ve got the 440 out of my grandfather’s ‘68 Charger RT (which he bought new) going in soon.
I’ve already met some great MOPAR guys here in the Spokane area. Happy to be part of the community!

Welcome from Illinois!! You have a great Mopar and a great plan! Sorry to hear about your dad. Keep his spirit with you to see it through.

North
36701377555_0d44590ae4_b.jpg

Sorry for the loss of you father. Finish the car in his honor !
Upload some pictures when you get a chance as we are visual around here.
:xscuseless:

Welcome from CT.:xscuseless:One itsy bitsy tiny picture geez.
440 from a Charger R/T where is the Charger? I like 66 Belvederes and Satellites that is a sought after car. Hope it didn't get wrecked.

Welcome from Illinois!! You have a great Mopar and a great plan! Sorry to hear about your dad. Keep his spirit with you to see it through.
Thank you. His spirit will carry on in that car for sure.

Welcome from CT.:xscuseless:One itsy bitsy tiny picture geez.
440 from a Charger R/T where is the Charger? I like 66 Belvederes and Satellites that is a sought after car. Hope it didn't get wrecked.
Grandpa bought the car in 68 as a wedding gift to my aunt who totaled it about 18 months later as I’m told. Pics coming, I promise!

As you work on and drive that car you renew and forge the memory of him every time. How great you still have that connection to him! Sorry for the loss of your pops, but way to press on as I’m sure he’d wish for you.

And greetings from the other side of the country in NY! Welcome to FBBO!

First time forum guy, so I hope I’m replying and putting these pics in the right place. I know I’ll be corrected if not. Upholstery, carpet, headliner were done about 8 years ago. Dad and I de-chromed (regret) and did some bodywork and primed about 20 years ago. My plan (initially anyhow) is a mild build on the 440, sure grip for the 8 3/4 as its open now, square away the suspension, and drive and enjoy for a bit while I decide on color and finish bodywork.

B40AD686-4719-4C00-965E-294F842A7A99.jpeg

72B3D746-4624-45DE-BF2B-C214C9F0E1E0.jpeg

8EAB98A1-C1F3-45AB-80A8-D8C166CEFF00.jpeg

As you work on and drive that car you renew and forge the memory of him every time. How great you still have that connection to him! Sorry for the loss of your pops, but way to press on as I’m sure he’d wish for you.

And greetings from the other side of the country in NY! Welcome to FBBO!
Appreciate the kind words and thanks for the warm welcome.

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Welcome from NY.
I do like the 66/67 slab sided style.
Keep us posted on your progress, looks like you have a bit to do.

Welcome from Alabama, try to decide on a color before you install the engine, unless you plan to pull it when you paint. 66-67's are great cars.

Welcome from NY.
Welcome from NY.
Nothing like the 68-70s but they got their own cool factor for sure. I will keep yas posted and yes; I’ve got a long road ahead but I know that’s half the fun.

Welcome from Alabama, try to decide on a color before you install the engine, unless you plan to pull it when you paint. 66-67's are great cars.
You’re absolutely right. I’m going to spray the bay this winter (probably a b7 blue or a sterling grey metallic) before the engine goes in and make sure I like it. The more time I spend tearing this thing down and working on it, the more I like it

Welcome from Missouri!!

Auto Transport Service
Back