• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another stall speed query!

When I shopped around for a converter, most shops were OUT of 11" cores. They tried to sell me on another 10" converter, saying they could set it up for a lower stall.
I waited until an 11" unit could be located.

EDIT.... :rolleyes: I just found a photo I took of the converter box that shows the part number. Turns out we have an Ultimate Streetfighter, which is currently at $898 on TCI's website so that explains the price difference.
I've emailed them to ask how this affects the stall but I presume it's even higher :eek:

Last edited:
Thanks again for all the replies! :thumbsup:

I heard back from TCI and the Ultimate Streetfighter has a stall of 3800-4000! And according to this article it's a 10" :eek:
https://www.hotrod.com/articles/tough-torque-converter/

I think the best plan of action now is to wait for some results from the rolling road - tho they are now closed till further notice due to the dreaded virus - and get some more seat-of-the-pants idea how it's behaving with the current converter, then see where we need to go.
Good job all the car meets and events are postponed too... :(

Thanks again for all the replies! :thumbsup:

I heard back from TCI and the Ultimate Streetfighter has a stall of 3800-4000! And according to this article it's a 10" :eek:
https://www.hotrod.com/articles/tough-torque-converter/

I think the best plan of action now is to wait for some results from the rolling road - tho they are now closed till further notice due to the dreaded virus - and get some more seat-of-the-pants idea how it's behaving with the current converter, then see where we need to go.
Good job all the car meets and events are postponed too... :(
Hi mate have you got that email address for TCI? ive been trying to contact them via there web page with no succcess and calling them from Aus is proving to be costly and time wasting.

Hi mate have you got that email address for TCI? ive been trying to contact them via there web page with no succcess and calling them from Aus is proving to be costly and time wasting.
TCI says you can ask tech via twitter at @CPGTech . Or you can Google TCI (make sure you get the tranny builders in Ashland, Mississippi). On their contact page they have a space to contact them and leave an email address for a reply.

TCI says you can ask tech via twitter at @CPGTech . Or you can Google TCI (make sure you get the tranny builders in Ashland, Mississippi). On their contact page they have a space to contact them and leave an email address for a reply.
Yeah i have tried to contact them numerous times on their contact page with no respose. Ive tried to call them but they put me onto answering machines and never get a reply so just hoping to get an acutal address..

Cheers

Auto Transport Service
Back