• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Superbird find

Reality is that none of them are ever truly lost. Somebody always knew, it's just that once the info gets shared with those who seek to capitalize on it, they do, and the internet makes it national news. Now the stage is set for those who can afford to make bids for it go up against each other to be the next owner...... capitalism at its finest. My first car....69 Charger that I bought in 1982, is now "lost"...... to me, but it's likely that someone out there is driving it today, so it's not lost at all. I get bombarded with these "barn find" click bait things all the time.... it's literally insane to believe that all those cars were "lost". It's how the collectible car market keeps itself alive and fat in modern times.

I agree....I told my wife after I wrote that post that those people spend countless hours searching to find what VIN numbers are missing from registries and such, and that the thrill for them is just finding it, so I meant no disrespect to flippers...... I've done some flipping myself in my time.....I am a firm believer in capitalism!!!
Great point

Auto Transport Service
Back