• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Antifreeze capacity for 383 HP w/ 22" radiator

69/70Plymies

Local time
3:08 PM
Reaction score
I need to know how much (capacity) antifreeze to put in my '70 Sport Satellite w/ a 22" radiator. I have been looking in the service manual and I cannot find it. In the process of flushing the system. Thank you. ~Mrs.69/70 Plymies

I just found it!! 14.5 quarts w/ a 22" radiator. It was right in front of me the whole time, that's why it's best to leave this stuff to the men. ~Mrs. 69/70 Plymies

I need to know how much (capacity) antifreeze to put in my '70 Sport Satellite w/ a 22" radiator. I have been looking in the service manual and I cannot find it. In the process of flushing the system. Thank you. ~Mrs.69/70 Plymies
When it's full?

All my 22" radiators took 1 1/2 to 2 gallons straight anti freeze(not pre mix) & as much water as took to be full. You need to run it for a while to get all the air out & top off with water.

If you have been doing a flush you have a block full of water.
Central USA ? If you are I would do like 66 satellite47 posted and dump 1 &1/2 gal of straight anti freeze in it. then top of with 50/50 and test for freeze point after driving and letting it mix.

67coronet, good point, depends on if you have drained the block. I put drain petcocks in my blocks. Just draining from the radiator only drains the top of the motor. On my daily driver I also did check with the hydrometer, get to -30F.

Auto Transport Service
Back