• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any adjustable upper A arms for a 73...

bandit67

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:04 AM
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I ordered an adjustable set of upper A arms from Peter Bergman that I understood would fit my 73. He just informed me his will not fit. I had looked at several units from various sellers and most say for 68-72 b bodies only. As you can see in the pic the stock 73 A arm to frame bar is bigger at .670 than the .500 for the 68-72s at the bushings end.
Do I have any other options, does anyone know of any units that are made for the 73-74s. I just got the thing rolling and I was not happy with the way it drives and handles with these big old front tires. So, just got the stock steering box changed out with the Borgson unit, big improvement, but need much more alignment settings than with the stock A arm. Any opinions, thanks.....

IMG_0392.jpeg

Last edited:
73 has a pretty wide adjustment built in.

Have you measured how much (I'm assuming) camber you can get?

Have you looked at elongating the slots?

That's something not possible on 72 and earlier cam based systems.

I would have to look at my alignment sheet but I think he got the most camber at + 2.6, or there about. With the adjustable ones they recommending + 5 to 6, I think.
I assume you are referring to elongating where the lockdown bolts are on the frame. And , no, I have not thought of doing that. The head of the lockdown bolts are big and square and sit in a square recessed indenture as to allow no movement at all. I would prefer having the right designed, engineered component to do whats needed over modifying what I have. Just did not realize finding whats needed is not readily available.

Auto Transport Service
Back