• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any Custom Trunks on the forum?

2 quality 6x9s in the package tray, 2 quality 4” speakers in the dash, a quality equalizer/booster. Perfect setup, no need to disrupt your trunk passengers with noise.

Then again, my cars are drivers and not trophy queens or trailer queens, so it’s important to keep the trunk as a trunk to me

a finely tuned sound system doesn’t effect the people outside of the car. With my windows rolled up and the stereo turned up about halfway you can’t even hear the music outside the car. You open the door and all of a sudden the music is in your face. Children run 1,000 watts of bass with the windows rolled down at a stop light. Adults have stuff like insulation, dynomat, weather stripping to keep the music inside the car where it belongs. Plus we turn the music down when we are approaching a stop.

**** my dad used to tell me stories about running component 15” speakers in his 66 charger back in the mid 70’s and blaring led zep. Ya’ll are assuming a sound system means thug or rap or rattle everyone’s teeth.
Fascinating how it leads to stereotypes so quickly…..no pun intended lol

I've run straight pipes on my cars and trucks since the 70's. It started out with 'loud pipes saves lives' when I was riding bikes a lot so I applied it to my cars too. A full system to the bumper isn't all that loud with normal driving but man, there's no competition when it comes to fighting with someone's sub system that's vibrating all the mirrors on my vehicle......when I start hammering the throttle next to them. So far I have a perfect batting record for making them shut it down :D

:rofl:

I like a good sound system too but now that I'm an old fart, the only thing I listen to in my vehicles is the music the vehicle makes lol. My 66 Belvedere came with the radio delete plate and it's still in the car :D Also don't like when my neighbor 3 houses down rattles everything in my shop/house nor do I like it when some ahole vibrates the crap out of my car at a traffic light. No reason to have a billion watt sub system in a daily driver except to piss off everyone within 500 feet or more. The city's rodeo grounds is a mile+ plus from me and some times they have someone on stage that's got the bass turned up and that's all I hear at 2am. Rather listen to a top fuel dragster show.....
Exactly. I just have a little 5 channel 700 watt amp pushing 6 speakers. I just want something sounding good while cruising down the highway and then when I get to a red light I want to hear my car making the music then buy hey they are some cool *** farts out there lol

Every car I purchased in the last 30+ years came with a factory subwoofer and I made sure it does. Just like my love for high horsepower engines to use when wanted, I like a stereo system that sounds great...and subwoofers do that. Sounds like the comments so far think you're an irresponsible teenager who wants to 'rattle' anyone within 50'.

To answer your original question, I think boxing in the trunk is a nice finishing feature to a trunk. The purist will obviously disagree but they weren't asked imo. I would wrap the filler tube with similar colored material or different material as an accent.
That’s a great idea. Hadn’t thought about the filler tube but yeah I’m 47 y/o lol.

One of my Chargers has a box with about 75 skin magazines from the early nineties in it,magazines like Hustler, Club,High Society, etc. A guy who we knew had a nice 70 Road Runner, worked for a magazine distributor and gave me and a friend a whole box of magazines each! Is that custom enough? Lol
I’m parking beside you at the next cruise in lol

2 quality 6x9s in the package tray, 2 quality 4” speakers in the dash, a quality equalizer/booster. Perfect setup, no need to disrupt your trunk passengers with noise.

Then again, my cars are drivers and not trophy queens or trailer queens, so it’s important to keep the trunk as a trunk to me
My car is a driver also so why have a boring driver? I didn’t put that T-56 in it just to say I had one lol

a finely tuned sound system doesn’t effect the people outside of the car. With my windows rolled up and the stereo turned up about halfway you can’t even hear the music outside the car. You open the door and all of a sudden the music is in your face. Children run 1,000 watts of bass with the windows rolled down at a stop light. Adults have stuff like insulation, dynomat, weather stripping to keep the music inside the car where it belongs. Plus we turn the music down when we are approaching a stop.

**** my dad used to tell me stories about running component 15” speakers in his 66 charger back in the mid 70’s and blaring led zep. Ya’ll are assuming a sound system means thug or rap or rattle everyone’s teeth.
Fascinating how it leads to stereotypes so quickly…..no pun intended lol
You hit the nail on the head and I mentioned that in an earlier post about all of the insulation and sound deadening.

Lol I'm not clueless.. But the majority of people who put huge *** systems in their cars are in it for the thump. I have seen some cars with nice trunks that are just that, nice trunks. With or without a set of huge speakers its your car so do as you please. I personally couldn't care less. I just think about PIMP MY RIDE when I think of tricked out trunk space.... That's all.

AGES%2FRandom%2Fyo_dawg_we_heard_you_like_speakers.jpg
AAAAAAAFM%2Fg0Z3HqQ8mj4%2Fs1600%2Fcar%252Bspeakers.jpg

Back in 75 I installed a Sony 8track Discreet Quad system in my "X". I would drive out to the woods
and listen to it for hours. Sounded Fantastic! Didn't need to be loud, the seperation was unbelieveable!

Lol I'm not clueless.. But the majority of people who put huge *** systems in their cars are in it for the thump. I have seen some cars with nice trunks that are just that, nice trunks. With or without a set of huge speakers its your car so do as you please. I personally couldn't care less. I just think about PIMP MY RIDE when I think of tricked out trunk space.... That's all.

View attachment 1470261 View attachment 1470262
Stop thinking lol Definitely nothing like that.

One of my Chargers has a box with about 75 skin magazines from the early nineties in it,magazines like Hustler, Club,High Society, etc. A guy who we knew had a nice 70 Road Runner, worked for a magazine distributor and gave me and a friend a whole box of magazines each! Is that custom enough? Lol
The 90s chicks were the best. Tan, big hair and they still had some fuzz.

I saw this. Was considering it without the GL.
The Bullit build on here, also did a custom trunk.

IMG_9848.png

IMG_9823.jpeg

IMG_8993.png

I saw this. Was considering it without the GL.
The Bullit build on here, also did a custom trunk.

View attachment 1471601

View attachment 1471603

View attachment 1471604
Wonder if he just came out far enough to clear the taillights? Doesn’t look like it in the picture. I like the fuel tube idea. I did a little mocking up. I’ll post some pics here in a bit. I’m getting ready to drill some hole for my rear SS trim my dumbass body guy forgot to drill. Glass guy coming Wednesday evening to install my glass.

Just installed this trunk dress up kit in my 71 road runner. It's cheap cardboard and vinyl but I like how it gives the trunk a finished look. I'm going to see if my upholstery shop can build something simular so I can add sound deading and cushioning to the inner quarters.

trunk dress up kit.jpg

Wonder if he just came out far enough to clear the taillights? Doesn’t look like it in the picture. I like the fuel tube idea. I did a little mocking up. I’ll post some pics here in a bit. I’m getting ready to drill some hole for my rear SS trim my dumbass body guy forgot to drill. Glass guy coming Wednesday evening to install my glass.
I'll add the other photo(s), apparently they didn't load

Auto Transport Service
Back