• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any former friends of Ron Adair (Great Lakes Mopar) on this Board?

Aero Warrior

Local time
7:35 PM
Reaction score
I purchased this 1971 Hemi Roadrunner that was formerly owned by Ron Adair of Great Lakes Mopars. Sadly, Ron passed away in 2007. Ron was a huge collector of rare mopars and owned my Hemi RR in the early 90s before trading it for a '70 Hemi Cuda to Mike Dozier in 1995. I have the complete history back to Ron, but nothing before that. Is there anyone here that remembers this car from Ron's collection and may possibly know where he got it from?

20210620_104945_resized.jpg

Have you asked Ron's family or friends?
Have you inquired about this to the "Great Lakes Mopars" club?
Good luck
BTW:
What is it you would like to know/find out?
Original owner?

PS: A Super Rare car like that should catch peoples attention, "jar" memories

Have you asked Ron's family or friends?
Have you inquired about this to the "Great Lakes Mopars" club?
Good luck
BTW:
What is it you would like to know/find out?
Original owner?

PS: A Super Rare car like that should catch peoples attention, "jar" memories

Yes, original owner if he is still around but have to start somewhere. Checking with the club is a great idea, thanks!

So I spoke with a friend of Ron Adair (Greg) who remembers the car from back in the late 80s or early 90s. He said that the car was purchased by Ron from a hemi car and parts collector guy who lived in Iowa. Greg even helped pick it up and brought it back to Great Lakes and who later delivered it to New Jersey. Probably the end of the hunt at this point.

Mike Dozier; now there's a name I haven't heard in a while. I always liked him Where is he now?

So I spoke with a friend of Ron Adair (Greg) who remembers the car from back in the late 80s or early 90s. He said that the car was purchased by Ron from a hemi car and parts collector guy who lived in Iowa. Greg even helped pick it up and brought it back to Great Lakes and who later delivered it to New Jersey. Probably the end of the hunt at this point.

Maybe try Jeff Bobst if it spent time in Iowa.
Jeff Bobst
2111 E. Bremer
Waverly, IA 50677
(
319) 352-2511

Maybe try Jeff Bobst if it spent time in Iowa.
Jeff Bobst
2111 E. Bremer
Waverly, IA 50677
(319) 352-2511
Good chance Jef had something to do with the car.

Auto Transport Service
Back