• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any other Rednecks here?

Southern NJ, 80 miles south of NYC, we are called PINEYS, we swim in cedar water, we use coat hangers to hold exhaust systems up, we use curbside mail boxes as exhaust tips, use paper towels with electrical tape as band-aids, and we hunt for the Jersey Devil. Pineys VERY SIMILAR to rednecks. @Ironbuilt, @eldubb440 (And Rebel) fit the bill.

Southern NJ, 80 miles south of NYC, we are called PINEYS, we swim in cedar water, we use coat hangers to hold exhaust systems up, we use curbside mail boxes as exhaust tips, use paper towels with electrical tape as band-aids, and we hunt for the Jersey Devil. Pineys VERY SIMILAR to rednecks. @Ironbuilt, @eldubb440 (And Rebel) fit the bill.
Thanks JDmac, I haven't thought of the Pine Barrens in a long time. Took the jeep 4 wheeling there maybe 40 years ago.

Last edited:
100% hillbilly here - Greenbrier Valley WV growing up, love my guns, love my garage, love my cars, love my country, help my neighbors without hesitation. Duct tape and zip ties are in every automotive tool kit. Electrical tape and shop rags make good bandaids. Car parts wash up real nice in the dishwasher. Motorcycles fit in the living room (for display - sometimes, it's just nice to sit and look at the old race bike - or for service).

Nothing wrong with being a good ol' American! (And PROUD OF IT!)

Oh hell I like this thread, all right I'll play along here. I in all honesty think I'm a little bit of a redneck too. I had kidney and liver transplants when I was younger and my liver is from the south (or so my mom tells me), my daily driver SUV has mud tires and a bunch of certain political stickers on it, I used to go over my grandparents all the time as a kid and they live right behind a farm so I heard all the goats and saw the horses all the time, and I currently live by 3 farms and live across from a former Christmas tree orchard now too.

You might be a redneck if you, (at least in my opinion).....

- Have parts left over when you put something back together after taking it apart; (which I honestly have done)

- Drink beer (which I do)

- Like tractors (like I do)

- Lean towards a certain political stand point (and I won't mention which one but you can probably guess) like I (and most of us here) do

(Again these are just in my opinion)

Absolutely a redneck and dammed proud to be one. I grew up in Kansas on a farm harvested all our own grub ate everything we killed. Hunting wasn't a sport for us it was a way of feeding the family. Fishing was a family event, everybody went now that was a party.

Absolutely a redneck and dammed proud to be one. I grew up in Kansas on a farm harvested all our own grub ate everything we killed. Hunting wasn't a sport for us it was a way of feeding the family. Fishing was a family event, everybody went now that was a party.
We fed all our grubs to the chickens, but it is OK that you ate yours.

yup.....
My Documents 004.JPG

They are called "Mo-bile Homes" for a reason dude!!!

Her in Tx if it sits on concrete block sits real estate...if it sits on its axle:poke:s its not!!
No, they are TRAILERS..... Please stop 'fancien" up the name....

For me, the word "Redneck" is merely a term-of-endearment....

Being from Iowa, you can take the boy outta the corn....but ya cain't take the corn outta the boy!!!!

:rofl:

having more fun than a screen door in a wind storm . or licking a bug zapper . thats redneck

My wife recalls the first time her parents visited my parents. It was Ozzie and Harriet meet the Beverly Hillbillies. If anybody here remembers the Nelsons.

My favorite is "If your Mother does not remove the Marlboro from between her lips while telling the Highway Patrolman to Kiss her ***" you might be a redneck!

piney power! lmao

When most people in New Jersey use the word "Piney," it's usually not in complimentary terms. Some people in the central and northern part of the state consider anyone living in South Jersey a Piney. The truth is that there are a group of people who consider themselves Pineys and are quite proud of their heritage and their image.

If you look up the definition of a Jersey Piney, you'll find this: Piney is a historically derogatory term for people from the New Jersey Pine Barrens, although the term is now accepted as a proper identifier. Often poor, pineys were forced to make a living in any way possible. They collected and sold sphagnum moss or pine cones, hunted, fished and lived off of the land.

New Jersey's 'pineys' finally have a voice (nj1015.com)

Read More: New Jersey's 'pineys' finally have a voice | https://nj1015.com/new-jerseys-pine...inion/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

Pineys are also associated with the Jersey Devil....... the NHL hockey team "Jersey Devils" has ZERO business using that name. they are the NY / North Jersey team ........ How dare they steal our Devil........ the Jersey Devil is what keeps those bastards out of here

The Jersey Devil
Without a doubt, New Jersey’s oldest, most enduring, and important pieces of folklore is the tale of the infamous Jersey Devil. For close to three hundred years now, Jerseyans have told tales of this mythical beast that stalks the Pine Barrens and terrorizes local residents. The recurring nature of this story begs a few questions: Why have New Jerseyans embraced this legend so steadfastly, and above all others? Is there actually some sort of creature roaming the Pine Barrens of Southern NJ, and if so, what in God’s name is it?

JerseyDevilIllustrationFinal.jpg

more here if anyone cares........ The Jersey Devil | Weird NJ

Back in SW Missouri, it is a fact, if you have a flat and stranded beside the road, 99.9% of the people that will stop and offer to help are the poorest of the poor. The wealthy and middle class get keep on hooking. The poor guy has been in that spot and knows what it is like to need some help.
NJ Pineys sound a little little like Missouri Wood hippies. Nothing wrong with that.

You might be a Redneck if you have some relations buried in your yard! And not just the dog or cat, this time they don't count.

I'm right with you guys here. Look what daddy made for supper!

Wife not home!.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back