• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any pics of b body with 18” or bigger wheels ?

I kinda like the looks of 17s on our cars, especially the torque thrusts, and daisies.
But i gotta agree with you about that Olds. Donk wheels on a (supposed) W30, let alone a convertible? Absolutely criminal !!
You know I'm a "purist" sort - I like to see the factory rims on our cars because, well, it looks right
(and it's period correct) and since we're all about the hobby of restoring and preserving these period of cars....
well, you get the idea.
I'm fine even with aftermarket rims that were available back in the era when the cars came from -
because "day two" cars were probably more commonly seen than bone stock ones.
Using wheels appropriate for the period these cars come from are part and parcel of the effort to
preserve and present them for what they were - which is the whole point of the effort!

Further, these cars just plain look better with some sidewall to them - the designers didn't draw them
with low profile tires in mind and the proportions are just wrong for rubber bands as a result.
Modern cars ARE designed with such tires in mind and are much better proportioned to integrate
low profile tires (and yes, gigantic rims are part of these cars designs, like on my '12 Charger R/T
or Ram with the 20's).
I can even, if I squint hard enough, go with some of the 17's that retain the original look of the
aftermarket ones available back when (like the torque thrusts, for example).
They sort of look right, too.

Years ago when Popular Hot Rodding was alive and being edited by Johnny Hunkins, he did an article on swapping out different size hoops on our cars. He had a good analogy on some. It was " like putting a tutu on a hippo". I know car people all have different tastes but to me whatever gets chosen needs to look right on a car, not like you raided the Pep Boys sale rack for all the latest ugly azz junk you can slap on your ride.

The OP asked for some Pics of 18+ wheels and tires and that is what we are doing. If you don't think they look proper that's fine but this is still America...for now. If you do not agree with anything but factory style wheels on classic cars then have at it. The look is one thing but I like to drive my car hard. Very Hard. If it were in a straight line then sure...I would be OK with tall sidewalls. My car is not original and I built it MY way. I drive it often and, to me, there is nothing better than to smoke a modern vehicle and surprise some dude with his ....whatever with a 40 year old classic. Larger wheels help me accomplish that.

Not meant to diss. I plan on going 18's on my 65. But not spinners.

The OP asked for some Pics of 18+ wheels and tires and that is what we are doing. If you don't think they look proper that's fine but this is still America...for now. If you do not agree with anything but factory style wheels on classic cars then have at it. The look is one thing but I like to drive my car hard. Very Hard. If it were in a straight line then sure...I would be OK with tall sidewalls. My car is not original and I built it MY way. I drive it often and, to me, there is nothing better than to smoke a modern vehicle and surprise some dude with his ....whatever with a 40 year old classic. Larger wheels help me accomplish that.
This is easily my biggest pet peeve on this Forum! Years ago many of us asked for a PRO TOURING/RESTO-MOD section and here we are, a post clearly pointing out that the thread is about BIGGER WHEELS.... posted in a section that clearly points to non original mods yet you still get all of the criticism?

This is easily my biggest pet peeve on this Forum! Years ago many of us asked for a PRO TOURING/RESTO-MOD section and here we are, a post clearly pointing out that the thread is about BIGGER WHEELS.... posted in a section that clearly points to non original mods yet you still get all of the criticism?

ignore them 747 mopar those people don’t even drive their cars they just watch barret Jackson and usually talk about cars they “use to own” lolz

That’s why some people leave the forums

You know I'm a "purist" sort - I like to see the factory rims on our cars because, well, it looks right
(and it's period correct) and since we're all about the hobby of restoring and preserving these period of cars....
well, you get the idea.
I'm fine even with aftermarket rims that were available back in the era when the cars came from -
because "day two" cars were probably more commonly seen than bone stock ones.
Using wheels appropriate for the period these cars come from are part and parcel of the effort to
preserve and present them for what they were - which is the whole point of the effort!

Further, these cars just plain look better with some sidewall to them - the designers didn't draw them
with low profile tires in mind and the proportions are just wrong for rubber bands as a result.
Modern cars ARE designed with such tires in mind and are much better proportioned to integrate
low profile tires (and yes, gigantic rims are part of these cars designs, like on my '12 Charger R/T
or Ram with the 20's).
I can even, if I squint hard enough, go with some of the 17's that retain the original look of the
aftermarket ones available back when (like the torque thrusts, for example).
They sort of look right, too.

If that was the case the aftermarket supply wouldn’t exist!
No efi swaps
No hi po tires
No custom period !
You might want to preserve the car for what it is and that’s on you I like my car and want it a certain way. I’ve never been about preserving and showing it I’m about what I like and what I want.

That’s your perception of this of these cars looking right a certain way and being designed with certain tires etc

I appreciate your opinion and thanks for sharing but....should I go 18/19 or 19/20?

Years ago when Popular Hot Rodding was alive and being edited by Johnny Hunkins, he did an article on swapping out different size hoops on our cars. He had a good analogy on some. It was " like putting a tutu on a hippo". I know car people all have different tastes but to me whatever gets chosen needs to look right on a car, not like you raided the Pep Boys sale rack for all the latest ugly azz junk you can slap on your ride.

which pep boys do you shop at ? because the last pep boys I went to doesn’t have anything for a 1970 b body of any sort or e body

what pep Boys do you go to ? Because last time I checked they didn’t even have rear wheel cylinders for a 70-74 mopar.

another subjective post with no facts just opinions

I appreciate your opinion and thanks for sharing but....should I go 18/19 or 19/20?
Why stagger the rim diameter? What do you gain by that?
I run the same 18" diameter front and rear but the rears are an inch wider. I wanted the NASCAR look with my car.

Charger NC 1.jpg
Charger NC 4.jpg

Bad mu fu.jpg

8100 H.jpg

I run the same 18" diameter front and rear but the rears are an inch wider. I wanted the NASCAR look with my car.

View attachment 1078990 View attachment 1078991

View attachment 1078994
View attachment 1078995
Because I really like the hammer.
I think your car looks really good with the square fitment because of the body style your car has more of a coke shape flow the satellite has a square rollercoaster like box body

E56C83D9-9488-4C9C-B7A7-FAD49CE87507.jpeg
1970 hmm cool side line but not a charger cool. I like it because it sort of reminds me of a charger with the huge quarter panel but needs some specific wheels to make the car look mean if you ask me

View attachment 1078990 View attachment 1078991

View attachment 1078994
View attachment 1078995

E230BB69-7F0C-4658-9027-CCD6E86EC6FF.jpeg

1970 charger obviously sexy !!! Damn !!
That rear quarter makes it look full if you ask me. That car looks good even on cinder blocks

Not meant to diss. I plan on going 18's on my 65. But not spinners.

lol you are still shopping at pep boys if your talking about spinners. Those haven’t been seen since the g unit days back in 1999-2002 what’s next ? Sitting on a pole for an extended length of time to test your endurance or break a record ? Lolz

117A6FEA-05A7-46D5-8028-29F2AEA2C883.jpeg

I don't know the sizes of any of these photos

70 Roadrunner Pro-Touring Hammer #3 from fast & furious.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back