• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody have pics of Aeromotive fuel pump A1000 install

paynegregory

Local time
2:14 PM
Reaction score
Like to see if anybody ever install a a1000 pump in a b body like to know where to mount mines pictures

Mounted mine on the right frame-rail, next to the tank. Ran the fuel lines from the added sump, thru a filter, then thru the A1000. Ran 1/2" line forward from there. Lines not tied up in this pic yet.

192o0k.jpg

Last edited:
Okay thinking about running my pump above pumpkin without a sump

That's a bunch of pump for a normal pickup type setup. Noisy all hell, also.

Okay what do you suggest for a 500hp 440 motor, my Holley blue run hot and shutdown

Run a Phantom 340 in tank setup. The only way to beat the heat for an electric!

An Aeromotive A2000 runs at about $454 ( Aeromotive's site price ) and an Aeromotive 340 at $382. I doubt that an A1000 is very far behind the price of an A2000. A 340 will support 600HP at about 50 p.s.i. line pressure for TBI and pump more that you need for dual quads. Given the advantages of the 340 I'd say this is a no brainer when it comes to choice. If you already have an A1000 keep the bottom of the pump flush with the frame rails (or slightly below) in front of the rear wheels. Try to keep the pump body as low as the bottom of the tank. You will definitely need a low pressure bypass regulator with the A1000 and plan on running a return line back to the tank. You will do just fine with a 3/8 feed and 3/8 return. The noise will eventually drive you round the bend and if you decide to go TBI you'll be trashing the A1000 for an in-tank style pump.

If you are using a carb, I bet a mechanical pump will work fine. An A1000 is overkill unless you are using EFI.

Find an appropriate gyrotor pump. Mallory has/had, I know. A bunch quieter. The A2000 on my WO car, is pretty loud.

Thanks for the input but I have the a1000 and carb regulator already, so like to use it. With out any more cost.i think I'm going to try to mount it front of back tire.

Thanks for the input but I have the a1000 and carb regulator already, so like to use it. With out any more cost.i think I'm going to try to mount it front of back tire.

Wow. Two days and you already have the pump and regulator. You might want to read these preliminary instructions from Aeromotive before you install it on your street car:

A high capacity, 100 micron fuel filter must be installed between the fuel tank and pump inlet. We
recommend an Aeromotive p/n 12304 filter. Call us for info.
To use this pump in your vehicle’s fuel system, we strongly recommend the following:
A by-pass style fuel pressure regulator must be used in the system.
Utilize AN-10 size high pressure fuel lines, fittings and o-rings for all connections from the
fuel tank pickup to the fuel rails in the engine compartment. (Call Aeromotive for availability.)
Gravity feed the pump by mounting it lower than and as close as possible to the fuel tank.
If you are using a stock fuel tank, install a reservoir style sump in the bottom-rear of your fuel
tank. Exercise extreme caution and follow all manufacturer’s recommendations when
installing a reservoir style sump.
If you choose not to install a reservoir style sump, then you must install a high flow capacity
fuel tank pickup.(Installing a high flow pickup instead of a reservoir style sump may
shorten the fuel pump life and cause drivability problems. When using a pickup, you should
maintain at least ½ tank of fuel in the vehicle at all times, to avoid possible engine &/or fuel pump
damage.)

For long term driving applications where continuous run times exceed 30 minutes and fuel capacity is less then 10 gallons, Aeromotive recommends the installation of a pump voltage control module, Aeromotive p/n 16302

Okay maybe the Aeromotive A1000 pump is not idea for me, more thinking on the lines of a custom in tank fuel pump made by The Mopar Dude anybody here tried his products.

Auto Transport Service
Back