• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone else varmit and bug proofing your b-bodies?

Tony Tee

Local time
3:11 AM
Reaction score
not too long g ago had something crawl through my cowl vent and when I turned on the a/c on my dodge dakota it surly killed it. And the smell that came from it later required many gain air fresheners. So on my charger I have stainless steel mesh just above both lower cowl entrances. And at the drains. And a sheet magnet covering the slots by the windshield wiper pivots for when it's parked. Anyone else dealing with this problem ?

use dryer sheets . put on top of tires and in engine compartment and in the trunk and floor boards this is how i store my fleet trucks for months

dryer sheets, coffee grounds, and desicant packs.

I had mice build a nest in the tail of one of my motorcycles, made from dryer sheets.

Last edited:
Leaving the hood up helps deter them as they can't hide. Drive them often and not letting them sit helps. What does the area around where the car is stored look like? Is it a jungle with lots of hiding places, do you have bird feeders with grain in them, trash piled up, food trash thrown around, pet food sitting out? Any of these and you are inviting them in. Pests, like dirtbags/homeless/millenials/teenagers etc need 3 things to camp out. Food, water, shelter. Eliminate at least two and they will leave.

It's a pain to do every car. I use a spinner trap for use with 5-gallon buckets (see eBay) in both the shop and house garage. They work great. Just throw out the mice and reload with peanut butter every month.

Dryer sheets definitely work against mice for long term storage, but the smell is pretty awful to deal with for humans too. I just keep the car driven on a regular basis these days.

I have ultra sonics, traps, etc in the garage, but anything over a couple weeks I just put it back into the car capsule.

capsule.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back