• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone Else Visit Alaska This Year?

Dibbons

Local time
5:26 PM
Reaction score
Flew up there again for 25 days (Juneau) on Alaskan Airlines from San Jose del Cabo, Baja California Sur. We had a blast. Everyone was friendly, even the bears (Thanks be to God).

More photos here:

https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopa...ays-of-natural-beauty.443841/#post-1972642534

DSC06662.JPG

Not this year, but I spent a year in King Salmon while in the USAF in 1990. Had a chance to visit Katmai NP for the day and a few weekend trips to Anchorage. Would love to go back.

I would take any Alaska trip I could get before I retired from the AF. Always beautiful!
A winters day flying into Elmendorf.
2032.JPG
2033.JPG
2034.JPG

Alaska, very beautiful place. It’s on my bucket list to visit.

Not this year, 2017. Second cruise from Alaska down. Spent 5 days around Denali. Took a park tour and actually got to see the WHOLE mountain, no cloud cover. Great pics. Spectacular. The afternoon tour reported only 1/2 mountain visible. We lucked out. Ship ride back, couple of calving glaciers, many whales & dolphins. Great cruise.

It's been 2 years now since we took our Alaskan sea/land excursion & we just loved it.

I use to live in Palmer & Anchorage
been all over the state

Alaska is a great place

haven't been back for quite some time now

You really need to go into the mainland/interior
& center of the state too
I didn't care for Juneau area much
lots of Alaska to see,
some great little fishing villages on the southeast coastal regions

Mt. McKinley, Denali park are awesome
Alyeska, Homer, most all the Kenai Peninsula,
Portage Glacier, or anywhere up the western coast or Kodiak Island
even some of the Artic in the summer

Fur Rendezvous in Anchorage is pretty cool
(still cold, March around breakup IIRC)
the food is great, tons of stuff for tourists, worth it just for that

I loved the fishing & hunting up there too
a sportsman/hunters & fishermans paradise

leaving in 10 days for our second Alaskan cruise looking forward to some real seafood in Ketchikan. Drove the Alaska Highway in 1996 from Edmonton, Alberta to Anchorage. Great trip good roads (most of the way) and unbelievable scenery. Spent the day at Elmendorf and the PX with a RCAF Major stationed there I knew. The last frontier for all the things that made the country GREAT IMHO.

I haven't been but have had a few friends go and they all say it was amazing . Trip looks wonderful .

Auto Transport Service
Back