• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone ever have this happen with a car battery???

I don't know that "maintenance free" batteries would be immune. As I recall the big difference is that they have more space at the bottom for spent lead to accumulate. What would prevent this from happening even to one of them?

two words for your next battery " Maintenance Free" Glad no one was hurt, but what a bad husband for not maintaining your wifes car man you should be ashamed hang your head down dude! lmao
What batteries are acid free? Even most of the so called maintenance free batteries are wet cell. Can a jell cell do this too?

I'm sorry it happened but really happy that everything is all right for your wife and you Kiwi. What and who's car is that in the picture?

OK, the car is a 1952 New Zealand new, right hand drive Plymouth running a flat head 6 cylinder engine. MowPar is doing some suspension work for a customer - king pins and the like on it. :headbang:

I like the way it looks .. photo shopped or not ;) The Light bar is cool or maybe the light is attached to the bumper. Originally looked like it was attached the the center grill piece.

imagejpeg_3_zpsxjioahmn.jpg

also cool

1952PlymouthCranbrook_01_700.jpg

and also a NZ 52 hehe

I like the way it looks .. photo shopped or not ;) The Light bar is cool or maybe the light is attached to the bumper. Originally looked like it was attached the the center grill piece.

imagejpeg_3_zpsxjioahmn.jpg

also cool

1952PlymouthCranbrook_01_700.jpg

and also a NZ 52 hehe
Is that a map light on the roof just above the windshield? :D

I had it happen in one of my old trucks. Lost two batteries out of a four battery bank while driving down the freeway. One exploded the next one in line melted down. On a kenworth the batteries are in a step box under neath drivers door, yep scared the crap right out of me

Had it happen in in my diesel Ram. Luckily I was able to start it off of the 2nd battery until I got around to buying new ones.

The last time I've seen that was forty years ago, blinded the guy working on the car. Glad to hear no one was hurt.

Had this happen in the early '80s with a friend's Dart - I think it was a '69? Anyway, we parked it in front of his apartment and went inside. A few minutes later, BOOM! Acid all over the place and the battery case was in several pieces. Glad your wife is ok, Kiwi.

Auto Transport Service
Back