• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone ever replace a sending unit power wire ?

Yes... agreed, he said that he thought he killed it PRE test by playing with the float sender when forcing it to show full. When he obviously shorted it out after that.

That is not a power wire, it is a ground signal from the sender to the gauge.

It runs from the sender to the round connector and doesn’t connect to anything else. There is a plug at the kick panel where the rear harness connects to the dash harness.
I fixed my gauge. Bought a new solid state volt limiter. Gauge working like it should now. This harness that connects at the driver side kick panel. Does anyone know if the rear courtesy lights on a convertible run through this same connector ? I’d love to get these working. I’ve tried everything regarding bulb connections, bulb type, etc with no success. That’s the only thing on my car that I haven’t been able to fix since I bought it a year ago. I don’t think it’s door jamb switch either. Because the map light turns off/on via the switch.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back