• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone ever try buffing the trim railing

If you decide to take it off the car be carful running a buffing wheel. If you get to much wheel on the piece it will grab and either bend the piece or throw it across the room and bend it. Trust me on that one. I have a piece of trim with a nice ding in it and the hole in the wall to prove it! :icon_redface:

Yup, been there done that!!!!!

I think Indydoc only carries the 1/4 panel clips. If so, R/T Specialties carries the clips for the fenders and doors.

Jestco makes a deanodizing solution that works awesome. Foillow the directions and then steel wool, buff and polish. Turns out great!

Attachments

• 2012-10-25_20-48-58_957.jpg
    2012-10-25_20-48-58_957.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 207
how hard is it to get the pieces off? Is there a certain tool I should use or just grab and pull?

The aluminium trim strips comes off pretty easy as explained in the other posts.
The pot metal "J" trim, not so easy. they are bolted in on the back side. I had to crawl into the truck in order to reah them. Had a heel of a time getting my 6' 2" , 67 yr.old body in and out of the trunk!!!

Big PITA but doable.

Rag

The aluminium trim strips comes off pretty easy as explained in the other posts.
The pot metal "J" trim, not so easy. they are bolted in on the back side. I had to crawl into the truck in order to reah them. Had a heel of a time getting my 6' 2" , 67 yr.old body in and out of the trunk!!!

Big PITA but doable.

Rag

That is the wrong trunk for you to climb into!!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back