• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone have a link to the Hub Cap options on a 68 Plymouth?

QuickBpBp

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:33 PM
Reaction score
Got a beautiful set of dog dish caps and want to know if they are correct for '68 Plymouth. Here is one of them.. Thanks in advance..

DSCN2718.JPG

I just recently sold a perfect pair of those to an ebay re-seller. I bought them in 1976 from a friends father, who said they were the original caps on his 66 Fury. I have never seen any more of those caps, except for a couple of pics online. I have seen that same style caps with the Dodge emblem used on 68 model muscle cars. I have also seen that style cap with Chrysler emblems. I would guess THOSE to be really rare! But, I have never seen them on any other Plymouth!
Here are the ones I recently sold:
Callis 66 fury caps.jpg

I just recently sold a perfect pair of those to an ebay re-seller. I bought them in 1976 from a friends father, who said they were the original caps on his 66 Fury. I have never seen any more of those caps, except for a couple of pics online. I have seen that same style caps with the Dodge emblem used on 68 model muscle cars. I have also seen that style cap with Chrysler emblems. I would guess THOSE to be really rare! But, I have never seen them on any other Plymouth!
Here are the ones I recently sold: View attachment 1163406

Same reason I had to ask but felt like they were '68.. I can't imagine them being so far back to '66 but you never know until you ask..

Same reason I had to ask but felt like they were '68.. I can't imagine them being so far back to '66 but you never know until you ask..
I am still a bit unsure about the info. I know the larger poverty cap ring was still used on B bodies until 1967. But perhaps the c bodies got the smaller ring earlier? I have wondered about it for years... BUT, the man I bought them from bought that 66 Fury brand new.

Here are the ones I recently sold: View attachment 1163406

I think your friends father may have been mistaken.... 66 was the last year of the 10" dog dish caps... In 67 the wheel center changed & along with it the dog dish size changed....

66 on the left... 67-68 on the right....

Screen Shot 2021-09-05 at 11.34.25 AM.png

I think your friends father may have been mistaken.... 66 was the last year of the 10" dog dish caps... In 67 the wheel center changed & along with it the dog dish size changed....

66 on the left... 67-68 on the right....

View attachment 1163431
I have often wondered too. BUT, this man was a mechanic AND a Mopar guy too. He knew his stuff. I kind of wonder if his 66 Fury was a late production car. Unfortunately, he passed away a couple years ago, so we will never know...

Oops, I just looked at #13 again. Those are dodge caps, aren't they?

Yes they are but there are equivalent Plymouth caps used during the same time frame... I found pictures of the Plymouth ones individually but the two showing size caparison seemed more important...

I thought 1968 was the year that Mopar went to the smaller diameter caps. The 1967 Coronet I once had still had the larger caps, like the left ones on post # 13. The right ones look like 1968 SuperBee.

These are what I see as 1968 Road Runner poverty caps. A one year only design; 1969 went to "Plymouth Division" caps.
I got a set of those on my 67 barracuda when I bought it. I suppose someone could have changed them...... but I doubt it.

Auto Transport Service
Back