• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone have this repo gauge panel?

20160724_180156.jpg

Rewired a dash for another member here a while back using that piece. Not the highest quality aftermarket part but doesn’t look too bad.

Appreciate the feedback guys. Definitely helps me out a lot. Especially the link Nacho.
I know what I'll be doing this winter in the garage.

I also used the classic dash. Found out after the fact it's an overlay. Fits right over the existing dash panels! That means chop chop to the old pot metal support piece in behind and front plastics dash piece too just to fit the Autometer gauges! Real pain cutting up the pot metal piece! I'll post some pics later. I'm still working on whole thing! Just be sure you're getting exactly what you want and expect.

I also used the classic dash. Found out after the fact it's an overlay. Fits right over the existing dash panels! That means chop chop to the old pot metal support piece in behind and front plastics dash piece too just to fit the Autometer gauges! Real pain cutting up the pot metal piece! I'll post some pics later. I'm still working on whole thing! Just be sure you're getting exactly what you want and expect.

WOW, really glad you told me that.

That’s not the experience I had with that piece, not sure I understand how the original cluster frame would even fit behind it or why it would be necessary.
The headlight and wiper switches do need to be grounded, I just fabed up a backing plate for them to reinforce the switch mounting and provide a ground path for the switches.

Last edited:
Maybe it was just the kit I got. But the switches wouldn't attach to the panel at all. No way for them to. I had to have the old piece behind. No way around it. I spoke directly to classic dash people and they told me that was what I'd have to do. I didn't like that answer!

the deal with switches is the nut and threads assembly are made for the metal housing thickness I guess. The bezel is just a mask even on stock assembly

There is not a way to fit the old housing to the new front bezel due the way different gauges disposition. I guess you'll need to work on how to get the switches attached, making somehow of frame to.

Maybe you can get a donor cluster hosuing and cut it as needed. The housing gives strengtness to the cluster itself attaching to dash frame too

Auto Transport Service
Back