• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone have those show poles for your hood?

Still want to design a hoist just for these hoods in the garage lol small motor hoist with flat bed type set up just lower it down near the car then lift the hood off and place it or slide in on the bed then hoist away out of the way.

Last edited:
i have an original hood on the roadrunner. its a beast to deal with sometimes. i carry a fold-able paint stand with me if i know I'm gonna be taking the hood on and off a lot by myself.

Here are mine done, 1" aluminum 22" total length. Plug welded inserts to the top and bottom, I still need to drill the bottoms for the clip through the pin.

vi6qFLe.jpg

4CqC8d2.jpg

I made mine out of a clear 1" dia, plexiglass rod. I drilled & tapped one end to thread a set of factory hood pins into & bored & polished the I.D. of the other end to slip over the pins on the car. The hood appeared to be floating. I eventually cut them down to be a little shorter.

Picture 001.jpg Picture 002.jpg Picture.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back