• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone here interested / going to the NHOA meet in May location is Indianapolis Indiana

Well RC is recently retired as well... So you have that in common... But you clearly have a sense of adventure... Whereas RC is acting like a homebody...

Whatchu talkin about Willis? I’ve just driven 1,350 miles to Florida and checked out a huge cave in Virginia, the Daytona speedway and Garlits museum. Starting to head back north on Friday and I’m hoping to see more stuff.

We spend so much time at the lake in NH during the summer that given the choice, I’ll take the lake over hanging out in a hot hotel parking lot.

Last edited:
I was a member of NHOA way back. Didn't even know it still existed. I have a Hemi. Can I come too. Just wish it were closer.
Hell yeah, All 1st and 2nd gen hemis are welcome. Even if its not an original hemi car, just has to be hemi powered

Late models not so much

I own nothing with a hemi despite the fact that has been an aspiration since I was a teenager. But I was wondering something, is the show restricted to stock original hemi cars or is anything with a first or second gen hemi welcome? Some local friends have hemi clones and a prostreet type custom cuda with Ray Barton hemi are a few that come to mind and I was going to tell them about this event if their cars are eligible.
Clones are fine, just has to be 1st or 2nd gen hemi power. It does NOT have to be an original hemi car

Whatchu talkin about Willis? I’ve just driven 1,350 miles to Florida and checked out a huge cave in Virginia, the Daytona speedway and Garlits museum. Starting to head back north on Friday and I’m hoping to see more stuff.

We spend so much time at the lake in NH during the summer that given the choice, I’ll take the lake over hanging out in a hot hotel parking lot.
Florida? You compare Floriduh to a NHOA meet @ IRP??? Next you'll be trying to convince us you got your Hemi fix at Don's place.... :poke: :rofl:

360 miles for me by way of Chicago, but I'd take the non-Chicago route of a little over 400 miles. It's tempting.

...besides, who the hell wants to spend an entire weekend at the National Home-Owner's Association meeting anyway. :poke:

Just a bunch of Karen's whining about the colour of your windows, and the length of your lawns.

...besides, who the hell wants to spend an entire weekend at the National Home-Owner's Association meeting anyway. :poke:

Just a bunch of Karen's whining about the colour of your windows, and the length of your lawns.

Plus we're not the same rabble rousers as we were 40 years ago; we're now a bunch of old Karens complaining about everything.

Florida? You compare Floriduh to a NHOA meet @ IRP??? Next you'll be trying to convince us you got your Hemi fix at Don's place.... :poke: :rofl:

I'll get a bit more of a Hemi fix stopping in here on the return trip ....

the NHOA disbanded many years ago. Basically, a Facebook group now. So IMO this very well could be a once and done thing. But I hope not .
360 miles for me by way of Chicago, but I'd take the non-Chicago route of a little over 400 miles. It's tempting.
Throw some high test in it and pop on down

Barring something major happening between now and then,,, Mine will be there

Or complaining about the way some people spell color. :poke::lol:

the NHOA disbanded many years ago. Basically, a Facebook group now. So IMO this very well could be a once and done thing. But I hope not .

Throw some high test in it and pop on down

Barring something major happening between now and then,,, Mine will be there
I'll have to have my wife join the FB group to get more details since I'm not on it. I did spend some time today researching non ethanol gas stations on my potential route.

I'm hesitant to make plans for this including reservations for a hotel with so little information available. And what is available is only on FB (which I'm not on) from what I've found. Anyone have any better info than the little bit that's on FB? Anyone know the organizers? Or am I asking for too much and this is mostly somewhat of a plan for a loose gathering of people in the FB group?

Its my understanding the event is still a work in progress,,,to some degree. Maybe even right up to day of.

All the info I have, I posted in my original post.

As things change I will edit the original post ( nothing has since my OP that Im aware of )

My room is already booked and am picking up the enclosed trailer for the journey this weekend.

So baring some unforseen issue. I will be there.

As there is a part of me thinks this might just be a once and done event. But I hope not.

I had been to a couple NHOA events in the years past . But never one with a car. Let alone with a hemi car that belonged to me

Last edited:

On the ride home, we checked out historic St. Augustine, NASCAR hall of fame, drove a bit on the Blue Ridge Pkwy, saw the Natural Bridge and drove Skyline Drive. And as a warm up for this July, we spent Sunday night in Carlisle PA. Total miles traveled; 3,656 in 2 1/2 weeks.

On the ride home, we checked out historic St. Augustine, NASCAR hall of fame, drove a bit on the Blue Ridge Pkwy, saw the Natural Bridge and drove Skyline Drive. And as a warm up for this July, we spent Sunday night in Carlisle PA. Total miles traveled; 3,656 in 2 1/2 weeks.
St Augustine is nice. Family has been going there for most of the past 30 years . Sometimes twice a year

I havent been in about 8 years or so .
Was it congested

Its my understanding the event is still a work in progress,,,to some degree. Maybe even right up to day of.

All the info I have, I posted in my original post.

As things change I will edit the original post ( nothing has since my OP that Im aware of )

My room is already booked and am picking up the enclosed trailer for the journey this weekend.

So baring some unforseen issue. I will be there.

As there is a part of me thinks this might just be a once and done event. But I hope not.

I had been to a couple NHOA events in the years past . But never one with a car. Let alone with a hemi car that belonged to me
Thanks. I'm probably out unless I see something more substantial soon. Appears to be pretty loosey goosey less than 2 months out for me to commit to it. I remember hearing about it last year and it was scheduled for June, then. I hope it works out well for you and you have a great trip regardless.

Think they would let me in? It is not quite 100% concourse correct/ restored....

IMG_8664.jpg

IMG_8666.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back