• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone make a pistol grip handle for the A727?

tommyg29

Local time
4:47 PM
Reaction score
I see the shift-r-arm is no longer being made. Anyone else out there make a good conversion kit? Particularly for a 72.
Thanks

You can make any Hurst work in your car, this is a shift r arm grip but on a Hurst Pro V ratchet shifter.

roadrunner shifter.jpg Here is the one i had Gunslinger make for my automatic transmission in my 69 road runner.

Got a grip from Resto Rick for Christmas, and here is my finished project. The boot is from a 2004 Jeep, because the 4 speed road runner boot wasnt flexible enough to make the sharp bends. Only problem is I have to guess, or count notches to know what gear I am in.

You can make any Hurst work in your car, this is a shift r arm grip but on a Hurst Pro V ratchet shifter.
So one could combine this:
with this?:

So one could combine this:
with this?:

No, The handle I have threads on to the Hurst Pro V. Unfortunately the Shift R Gate guy is no longer in business so unless you make one yourself your out of luck. I had Idle Hands wood working shop create a set of custom grips for mine. Cherry wood to match my T5 car. The one I have pictured is a one of a kind.

20210811_133457_HDR.jpg

1675415691500.png
@bigmanjbmopar thanks. I had mine stock (pic) handle modified by a woodworker but it looks awful. I wont show how it looks now coz I'm embarrassed ;)

Don’t be embarrassed to show it, we’re all friends here, post a picture.
320471919_1515750118889572_5784455397381429175_n.jpg
photo_2022-12-21_14-22-53 (3).jpg

The good part is: the grip look great, but what he didn't take in consideration is that the stock metal stick is bent backward, which is fine if one has a ball knob. Looks and feels awkward when it is this way.
Possible solutions:
rotate stick 180 degrees short to fit and rotate grip too.
or
Bend stick near the grip.

I am from Poland so materials and labor are cheap, I didn't spend much money on it.
Currently I think that I should not have taken shortcut and find conversion kit made in US.

Last edited:
@Mopar Hunter, thanks! I wrote to Quapman, basically the conversion kit I am looking for is not yet ready.
Restorick is an interesting alternative. I'll definitely contact him. Thanks again!

Auto Transport Service
Back