• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone Near Huntington Beach C.A. That Can Look At This Car?

66ChargerHI-PO

Local time
3:16 PM
Reaction score
Hi Everybody.

I'm posting this for my stepdad to help him out. Since we are on the other side of the U.S, he is looking for someone that can look at this 1970 Charger that is currently for sale on Feebay that he would like to possibly buy. He is looking for somebody (which I obviously MUCH prefer FBBO) that is NOT too far like 4-6 hours away, BUT somebody closer like half hour to an hour. I already thought of Kern Dog BUT he is almost 6 hours away. If you are able to possibly help out, please respond here or just PM me here. Thank you, it would be much appreciated!!

1667794566929.png

1667794377101.png

1667794537338.png

I might be your guy. Can't commit this minute - I hear we may have a massive snow storm rolling in .... (just kidding). I've never actually seen snow here and believe me I've seen it on TV I know what it looks like...

Getting serious - how serious is your pops? Very or is he just kicking tires? It's about a 45 min for me. And not a drive I enjoy taking. I do like to see a guy get a car he wants and CT is a long slog from here. I know I worked for many years for The Hartford. Hated that cross country trip to Asylum Ave in East Hartford all those years to be brutalized by the HO Mafia. Anyway - pm me with particulars on the car and what concerns may be Etc etc. If so it has to be a daytime look and a lot depends on the coming snow......Kevin

I might be your guy. Can't commit this minute - I hear we may have a massive snow storm rolling in .... (just kidding). I've never actually seen snow here and believe me I've seen it on TV I know what it looks like...

Getting serious - how serious is your pops? Very or is he just kicking tires? It's about a 45 min for me. And not a drive I enjoy taking. I do like to see a guy get a car he wants and CT is a long slog from here. I know I worked for many years for The Hartford. Hated that cross country trip to Asylum Ave in East Hartford all those years to be brutalized by the HO Mafia. Anyway - pm me with particulars on the car and what concerns may be Etc etc. If so it has to be a daytime look and a lot depends on the coming snow......Kevin
Only Snow storms I've known of in the LA area are the powder blizzards in the back rooms of night clubs....

Dood luck to the FIL who's looking at a Charger...

I'm pretty 95% sure he IS really serious about it by the way he talked about it to me. He has wanted another 2nd generation Charger for a while now since he had a 1969 long ago and he says, (whether it's true) that "I'll pay the asking price if I can get someone to look at it and it's what the guy says it is." Tell you what, I will talk with him about it later today and make definite sure he is serious about it before you make the trip for nothin. I will PM you with what he says.

(By the way, I like your avatar signature)

I used lemonsquad.com before I got my 70 RR from a member in Ohio. I am about 2 hours away in traffic on a good day, so I'm out. I found the ad on eBay -- I'd be concerned about the numbers on the rad surround and under the trunk lip, block, etc. There is also a little patina on the driver floor pan from what I can tell in the pic and normal years of frame dings and dents from jacks. So it's definitely not a full restoration. Good luck!

BTW: I asked the guy from lemon squad to take pics under the dash and all under the car. I also asked for under the dutchman panel. Those places are always rusty if not a west coast car. He went a little nuts and used a paint depth all over the car as well.

Auto Transport Service
Back