• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone recognize this screw

Local time
12:08 AM
Reaction score
I believe this screw belongs to my 62 Plymouth but no idea where it belongs.
received_738209609878937.jpeg

That's what I was thinking. What's that odd thread in the middle do ? Is it a self tapping screw ? I was thinking I would use a plain machine screw cause trying to find more like the original would be a chore

That's what I was thinking. What's that odd thread in the middle do ? Is it a self tapping screw ? I was thinking I would use a plain machine screw cause trying to find more like the original would be a chore

The middle of the screw is more than likely for centering and to bottom out as not to break the lense.

I was missing a couple on my headlight trim rings. I couldn't find any aftermarket ones. Robbing some off a junk yard car or someone parting one out would be the best bet.
20171108_202547.jpg
20171107_133337.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, I just remembered I have a buddy with a bunch of mopars from the late 60's He recently moved into a bigger shop. I need to go for a visit and I'll take my camera sometime next week. Photos too come.Thanks for all the replies

I had a old taillight lens that I tried. One side broke, the other side went in until I was afraid the screw would sheer off or strip out without bottoming on the housing. The hole in the lens goes way down to the bottom. What do you think about using a machine screw ?

I had a old taillight lens that I tried. One side broke, the other side went in until I was afraid the screw would sheer off or strip out without bottoming on the housing. The hole in the lens goes way down to the bottom. What do you think about using a machine screw ?

I had to use a regular sheet metal screw where a couple were missing. I found some the right lenth and in stainless steel on eBay.

The thing is it might be a #6 screw with a #8 head. These I did find. Just use common sense when tightening.
20181130_234921.jpg
20181130_235003.jpg

Last edited:
I was thinking front turn signal lense.
That's it. Front inside screw. The out side screw should be the same but a bit shorter. It looks like it would used one of those odd sheet metal nuts. Thanks for all your help guys

Auto Transport Service
Back