• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone try the headliner conversion in your first gen charger?

What’s up dock

Local time
10:15 AM
Reaction score
I'm wondering how they look. I'm referring to the bow and vinyl conversion they offer, since an original style one piece is offered.
Seems like a long roofline for just 2 bows that these kits come with.

Never seen an aftermarket headliner offered. Who sells those?

This is just an example.

The are conversion kits by acme, and come with the template and bows. I tried reaching out to acme, no reply, like all these companies. I found many places that sell this same kit, or like it, but found one source that stated it is a two bow system.

Can't see it working or looking too good.
Find an original 1. They are out there.

Thanks for the link, I have a tough time navigating CI.

Can't judge as well looking at a Coronet. It looks pretty good if a guy had a Coronet. I can almost imagine the Charger trim covering that headliner.

The original is cool, I have never had mine out to see how it is constructed.

I plan to recover my original using one of these two vinyls... I haven't decided which one I'll use yet. Less than $20
At least that's the current plan until something better comes along.

IMG_4830.JPG

Thanks for the link, I have a tough time navigating CI.

Can't judge as well looking at a Coronet. It looks pretty good if a guy had a Coronet. I can almost imagine the Charger trim covering that headliner.

The original is cool, I have never had mine out to see how it is constructed.
Agreed...Classic's site is tough to navigate.
I had never thought of covering over top. I'd have to find another anyway. Mine sat in the New Mexico desert for who knows how many years on a reservation. I have never seen that much mouse crap in a car before!
I plan to recover my original using one of these two vinyls... I haven't decided which one I'll use yet. Less than $20
At least that's the current plan until something better comes along.

View attachment 1244547

Maybe you would like something like this.

View attachment 1244595

That reminds be of the fuzzy posters that you used black lights with.

Well, I'll be the test base for this one. I ordered one anyway. Since my car is not going to be orginal anyway, 6.4 hemi with gear vendors 727, I'll try it.
I still couldn't find any info on this exact kit, but I did find generic instructions for their headliners conversions. It must have multiple bows. I'll know as soon as it comes out of the box.

If you like your new headliner, it could free you to experiment with the OEM Headliner. In High School Woodshop class, one project was to build a box and flock the inside. There also might be a Felt that could be glued to it.

Auto Transport Service
Back