• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone use PirateJack booster and Master?

BeepBeepRR

Local time
10:47 PM
Reaction score
About to purchase a Piratejack Booster and Master. Just wondering if anyone has used them? The Right Stuff Detailing booster has stopped working and its the second one that I know of that has failed. If you go read the reviews on Summit about the RSD none of the reviews are good. Same problem I have had with them. Anyhow the Pirate Jack one looks good and looks more correct for the car. Just wanted to know if anyone has installed one.

Looking at this setup.
Bendix Style Mopar 1966-1970 B Body Power Brake Booster Conversion Kit BCK8536-1 OEM Style for 1966-70 Charger, GTX, Road Runner, Satellite

BCK8536-1__44958.1446059660.400.500.jpg

Can't help with the whole unit, or the booster but I had booster Dewey redo my OEM Bendix booster on my coronet 25 years ago...and it's still working today and I just replaced my original OEM Bendix master with one of the reproduction units, probably the same one on this kit.

So on the reproduction master I got the rear circuit bleed fine but the front circuit wouldn't bleed from the pedal and was just circulating air, I know a few people have said they had problems with the new masters. I decided to try the vacuum pump bleeder system at the passenger side caliper...built up 10-15 in/hg heard some weird fluid/air passing noises and then fluid started to flow into the caliper. All is working well now.

I bought that unit when it first came out around 2012-13
Only complaint i had with the Unit itself is very sensitive. Barely touch the pedal and it is stopping. Like you don't feel the pedal on your foot sensitive. But i have not had a problem with it working.

I didn't care for the vendor PJ. Couple parts were missing or something like that. I also had some tech questions on the sensitivity and they were not helpful or even cared to listen. It was a bit of a argument to get the part i was missing.

Last edited:
About to purchase a Piratejack Booster and Master. Just wondering if anyone has used them? The Right Stuff Detailing booster has stopped working and its the second one that I know of that has failed. If you go read the reviews on Summit about the RSD none of the reviews are good. Same problem I have had with them. Anyhow the Pirate Jack one looks good and looks more correct for the car. Just wanted to know if anyone has installed one.

Looking at this setup.
Bendix Style Mopar 1966-1970 B Body Power Brake Booster Conversion Kit BCK8536-1 OEM Style for 1966-70 Charger, GTX, Road Runner, Satellite

View attachment 1348455
your inbox is full

I followed the link and checked it out. Looks pretty good. I've been looking at the one that inline tube offers to use on my coronet since it has manual drums.

The booster that is on the roadrunner now came in a kit. Its one of those offset 7 inch boosters with the weird bracket. It was good to go for a while then all of a sudden it stopped working. At first I thought it was a vacuum leak on the intake. But that turned out to be not the issue. I pulled a vacuum on the booster and hit the brakes and nothing.

Installed the Pirate Jack stuff today. Man that was the difference... Now have boosted brakes again. The Right stuff booster failed internally. When you push the fulcrum the side that goes into the master doesn't move. I do need to move the brake light switch bracket now to get it closer to the new peddle. But man night and day difference and looks a **** ton better with no wiggle like those offset deals. Still have to add the rear brake line adjustable prop valve but.. That's coming next.

IMG_5916[1].JPG

IMG_5917[1].JPG

Make sure you have the push rod from the booster to master cylinder adjusted right, don’t ask me how I found out about that!

49CA28EA-386D-4801-9DDE-8569CD5F842A.gif

I got the booster only about 5 months ago and it went in nice.
Did you have to set the booster pin rod to master or is it preset. I'm asking because I bought the reproduction kit & I'm having brake problems on my 68 charger. I'm not even sure if this booster rod can be set. I tried turning it but it didn't seem to make a difference. I bought the mbm brand from classic industries. So it should be a bolt on ready to go setup right? I tried to add a photo but apparently it's too big.

Did you have to set the booster pin rod to master or is it preset. I'm asking because I bought the reproduction kit & I'm having brake problems on my 68 charger. I'm not even sure if this booster rod can be set. I tried turning it but it didn't seem to make a difference. I bought the mbm brand from classic industries. So it should be a bolt on ready to go setup right? I tried to add a photo but apparently it's too big.
the truth is I did NOT and when I was done I took it to a guy that knows way more than I do and he was concerned about it even though the brakes were operating perfectly so we disassembled it to check it and it was set exactly where it needed to be so we put it back together and all is still fine.

Auto Transport Service
Back